2026 Commonwealth Games- Glasgow, Scotland are the new host.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wonder if a way forward for CWGs might be to allow the larger countries to compete as states/provinces, like the home nations do?

At the moment for Australia and Canadian athletes, getting selected for CWGs is as hard as world championships. But for British athletes it’s easier.

Maybe increasing opportunity is the way to go, both for the athletes and for engagement with the wider public

Anyone have video links of the 2022 WAG CWG?
Can't find it anywhere on YT.

Great news.

I'm still mad at how the Vic Government handled this but very happy a new location has been found and that we will get the games.

I lived there for a while, it has a really weird local government that loves grand projects and big events. It is one of the unhealthiest cities in the developed world

It can't possibly be worse than Toledo, Ohio. I always feel so thin and fashionable and sophisticated when I go to Toledo.

Toledo teeth aren't any better. Indictive of the numerous challenges and obstacles lower income Americans face in accessing even the most basic dental care, but bad nonetheless.

Toledo teeth aren't any better. Indictive of the numerous challenges and obstacles lower income Americans face in accessing even the most basic dental care, but bad nonetheless.
Have you tried irn bru? The government forced them into reducing the sugar content a couple of years ago, but that stuff is way worse for your teeth than meth. And they give it to actual small children

I'm now curious to see what Glasgow is like. I'm imagining the level of tobacco use I saw in Cardiff and the dietary habits I saw in the American south. I'll check back in 1.5 years to see if I can check out the CWG.

My brother and his friends were competing in a sporting event near Glasgow and ended up in the nearby small town's only late night dining option - the carry out (takeaway). One of the friends threw a fit because all of the options were deep fried and decided to have the "healthier" option of an individual pizza. Having taken the order, the takeaway guy picked up the pizza, folded it in half .... and dropped it in the fryer.

So yes deep fried pizza is a thing ... as is deep fried mars bars.

That’s worse than southern fried food. Holy crap.

Surely you MaryClare don’t eat that.

Surely you MaryClare don’t eat that.
Of course not, I’m the child of a diver and a lightweight boxer. I spent a few years there as a child and having that sort of thing is completely normal. What is a bit of an urban myth however is the deep fried mars bar. Nowhere sold it until it became famous and I don’t know any locals who eat them, only tourists.

😫 I grew up on southern fried foods or stewed vegetables with fatback. I’d never eat that stuff. Dietary habits change.

A piece of pork fat. Pure fat removed from the back, subcutaneous, of a pig.

ETA I don’t cook or eat southern now.

A piece of pork fat. Pure fat removed from the back, subcutaneous, of a pig.
Ok, well that’s a bit different from what I know to be fat back- rolls of fat where the spine curves, preventing you from executing your full flexibility range.

But why would you want pork fat with vegetables?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back