BRICS Games (June 13-15 Kazan, Russia)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Probably can’t do a direct comparison as Russia being banned from Olympics would affect their motivation

Well I was about to catch up with the gymnastics, but I have been distracted by the North Korean mixed artistic swimming routine

Reactions: Bob
Elizabeth from Writing Russian Gymnastics tweeted that Nagorny has effectively announced his retirement in an interview today, having been injured during the AA.

Also seeing on twitter that he's now on the US individual sanctions list.

I couldn't see a link to the full list itself and can't be arsed to go looking, but sounds like a busy week for him anyway!

I should stress that Nagornyy has retired from the competition and not the sport. Or not yet anyway. He intends to compete at the friendship games

I wondered that, as the tweet said the sport. But wasn't sure if I'd missed an announcement about him planning to retire after a different competition?

I wondered that, as the tweet said the sport. But wasn't sure if I'd missed an announcement about him planning to retire after a different competition?
Basically he said he’s looking for a good moment to leave the sport on a high and had he won the AA today, that would have been it for him

Basically he said he’s looking for a good moment to leave the sport on a high and had he won the AA today, that would have been it for him
Bit more here.

Attachments

• IMG_9424.png
    IMG_9424.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
So Melnikova was third in AA behind Vasilyeva and Kalmykova (actually didn’t place because she was 2-pered)? And made vault and bars finals but again was 2-pered in the two other events?
Was it a surprise or expected?

I wouldn’t read too much into it, she has posted similar things after a bad competition before. It takes years to officially retire from the national team 😂

I wouldn’t read too much into it, she has posted similar things after a bad competition before. It takes years to officially retire from the national team 😂
Truth. How many times did Nabieva pop up at a competition long after we thought she retired?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back