2024 US Gymnastics Championships

2024 US Nationals WAG Session 2, Day 1

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

If Simone isn't interested in another national title, they should just tell her she can bow out now, she's shown enough, she's on the Olympic team, she can just compete when and what she is comfortable competing. The rest of the time, she should live in bubble wrap.
Eh, I'm not really concerned about Simone. She doesn't have a history of injuries. She had a toe injury this time in 2021, but that's about it.

Lee and Chiles had significant errors. I'm tired. I think Rivera just had the landing errors on floor. Wong just missed the connection on bars? Carey was pretty clean.

Lee obviously will want to upgrade bars at the very least. Is Carey planning upgrades for Trials?

Lee and Chiles had significant errors. I'm tired. I think Rivera just had the landing errors on floor. Wong just missed the connection on bars? Carey was pretty clean.

Lee obviously will want to upgrade bars at the very least. Is Carey planning upgrades for Trials?
Jess Graba said Suni's routine is just half of a normal routine. The plan here was to use this lower difficulty routine and focus more on the AA.

According to Sam, she indicated Jade will be doing an Amanar rather than a DTY as her second vault.

The biggest shock for me after today is…I don’t know if both Suni and Jade can make this team. If Skye continues to rock vault and beam, Kayla bars and floor, I think they take both of them along with Simone and Shilese.

VaultBarsBeamFloor
1.Biles, 15.8Biles, 14.65Biles, 14.80Biles, 15.20
2.Blakely, 15.00Chiles, 14.50Blakely, 14.45DiCello, 13.85
3.Carey, 14.50DiCello, 14.50Lee, 14.20Wong, 13.79
4.DiCello, 14.40Blakely, 14.40DiCello, 14.10Sumanasekera, 13.70
5.Sumanasekera, 14.25Lee, 14.30Johnson, 14.95Carey, 13.60

Assuming Shilese's injury is not a factor I'm taking Simone, Shilese, Skye, Suni, and Kayla. Jade and Chiles or Wong as alternates.

USAG typically names 3 alternates in non-covid Olympic years, so you could make all 3 your alternates.

On the other hand, maybe the selection committee doesn't have to do any work at all and you just take the top 4 and Jones.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back