2024 US Nationals pre-competition discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

There it is! Skye will make this team over Jade Carey unless Carey can be #2 on FX consistently.

Are we really that surprised that Skye's Cheng is good? Everything she does is great, when she's on.

I'm not holding my breath with her anymore, but if she puts together two solid days this weekend I'll be thrilled for her.

Edit: "Skeng" is cracking me up.

There it is! Skye will make this team over Jade Carey unless Carey can be #2 on FX consistently.
Do we know if Carey has been training Amanars? Biles and Andrade should go gold and silver on vault, but Skye Blakely could win bronze with the Cheng and a DTY.

Shilese's shoulder does appear to be bothering her on UB. Suni fell on the Jaeger again.

Just as I type that, Suni did another clean set.

Last edited:
Do we think that it’s Skye vs. Jade? I think Jade would add more to the team on VT/FX than Chiles would.
Yeah, I don't see Skye and Jade filling quite the same niche, unless we're only looking at vault.

If a shoulder problem derails Jones at this point in her ascension, I'm going to burn something down.

Do we think that it’s Skye vs. Jade? I think Jade would add more to the team on VT/FX than Chiles would.
Fair enough! Depends on Lee, I would guess. But Blakely and Chiles are interchangeable as UB lead-offs too. And Skye has the edge on beam. I think the three of them are going to be a conversation for sure, if Lee keeps making a case for beam (and bars).

Maybe Leanne will shock me, but I don't think she'll be making this team unless injuries happen.

Alternate again is well within reach. She'll probably be gutted after making all of the last three Worlds teams, though.
Yeah, and she really struggled with being an alternate last time. Mind you, that was worst case scenario, cooped up in a hotel room, quarantined with a roommate with covid. Being a travelling alternate at a normal Games at least has the potential to be a cool experience.

I thought Hezly Rivera looked decent today, except for vault, where her DTY looked like a struggle.

Tiana looked just as good as she did at Classics. I did see her miss the Maloney 1/2 on UB.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back