2024 US Nationals pre-competition discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wish Shilese were resting and given a free pass to Trials. She makes the team so much better. (I really didn't like the sound of "not giving up on herself.") Training is only going to get more intense, and we need her on the team.

It was hard to see on my small screen, but is Skye's Cheng good? It looked whippy and banana-y but more safely landed than roberson's recent attempts.

I’m very nervous as well. Can she petition directly to Trials?
I don’t know if she can but there should be a way. I would suggest that she skip events that are rough on her shoulder or only compete one night. (If I were in charge.)

I don’t know if she can but there should be a way. I would suggest that she skip events that are rough on her shoulder or only compete one night. (If I were in charge.)
I hope that they are in close discussion with the members of the selection committee and whoever the rules expert is with USAG on exactly what they need to see here and what would allow her to petition. It is in everyone's interest that she not burn out or injure out at Nationals

I’m very nervous as well. Can she petition directly to Trials?

Jones is eligible to petition to Trials, she would have to submit the petition before Nationals is over.

Petition Trials.png

Jones could also party like it's 1996 by finishing 1st or 2nd at Nationals and then using those scores to skip Trials and petition directly onto the Olympic Team. Though she would have to say she was sick, not injured.

Petition Team.png

Skye's is better onto the table than Jade's. She has more pike down but the cleaner entry should be a bit less deduction overall. If she can do it with only .1 step on landing, the potential is there to edge ahead of Jade. If we are talking vault finals though, I really doubt Skye will go for an Amanar, Jade still has that possible advantage on the horizon.

I hope that they are in close discussion with the members of the selection committee and whoever the rules expert is with USAG on exactly what they need to see here and what would allow her to petition. It is in everyone's interest that she not burn out or injure out at Nationals
This

Is a 5.8 DV routine enough for Suni to finish top 3 on UB this weekend? I'm not too sure.

I'm unbothered if she doesn't finish top 3 on Bars. It's her Beam that really matters, hope she can go 15.0 there.

I'm unbothered if she doesn't finish top 3 on Bars. It's her Beam that really matters, hope she can go 15.0 there.
I mentioned top 3 because Suni said that was her goal for UB and BB.

I'm fine with her doing a watered-down routine here, but I am confused as to how she thinks she'll be in the top 3. Maybe she'll be clean enough for it, IDK.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back