2024 US Nationals MAG Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The only thing Asher brings to the team is a small boost on Rings over Fred or Yul, unless he totally nails all 3 of his next RSG vaults, which is highly unlikely.

Stephen, Curran, Paul all show better scoring potential. Stephen is also the only real Gold medal chance USA has, aside from Brody's HB.

UPDATE: Asher's RSG only scored .1 higher than Brody's vault. I don't think he will even be an alternate at this point. 10th in the AA and Donnell edged him out Rings+Vault too.

5th spot for the team is wide open. My money is on Stephen, he will likely be on the highest scoring team by over .5 if he averages 15.0+ on Pommel again at trials. Curran and Paul will need to do their 100% best to match or beat that.

Donnell and Asher will need all 3 of those other guys to do poorly if they want to have a chance, they don't add enough to the team on their events.

UPDATE: Asher's RSG only scored .1 higher than Brody's vault. I don't think he will even be an alternate at this point. 10th in the AA and Donnell edged him out Rings+Vault too.

5th spot for the team is wide open. My money is on Stephen, he will likely be on the highest scoring team by over .5 if he averages 15.0+ on Pommel again at trials. Curran and Paul will need to do their 100% best to match or beat that.

Donnell and Asher will need all 3 of those other guys to do poorly if they want to have a chance, they don't add enough to the team on their events.
The top 4 AA are so good they can afford to bring a one eventer. But I think Stephen has to go 15+ both days of trials. That day two 14.6 ain’t gonna cut it.

The top 4 AA are so good they can afford to bring a one eventer. But I think Stephen has to go 15+ both days of trials. That day two 14.6 ain’t gonna cut it.

Stephen doesn't need to go 15+ both days at trials, they look at the average of the top 3 scores, he will average 15.1 if he repeats his Nationals performance at Trials. That will increase the team score by 1.4 and be very difficult for others to match. He just needs to not bomb one of his routines at Trials, because that would make him look too risky as a 1-eventer.

My team is Khoi, Frederick, Yul, Donnell, and Stephen. (I'm perfectly okay with my Brody erasure.) You've got 4 who can do all-around, and each of them is competitive for an individual medal.

Brody, Fred, Khoi, Yul, and DonDon.

That's my team after 2 nights, with regrets to Stephen Nedoroscik especially.
That makes sense.
Brody, Fred, Khoi I believe are the most probable.
Yul needs to keep it up.
It will come down to Don Don v Asher. So whoever out of those two gets lucky.
Coming into this I wasn't sure about Donnell as it wasn't known if he would get his Ri Se Gwang back. He did.

The untold story of the meet is Tate Costa making the Sr Development team. All you had to do is compete a 32 D score one day, so he did that. He didn't do it well, but he did it. With this, he earned a trip to Olympic Trials.

Day 2 he competed a total of 29.6 D score and improved his AA score by 9.9 points.

Thems the rules. There was never a minimum overall score stipulated.

1717296811169.png

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back