2024 US Olympic Trials

2024 U.S. Olympics Trials WAG/MAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think it is more Chiles, dicello and wong competing for the last spot. Carey's vaults are that much more important now.
It’s much less of a puzzle now. It’s going to come down to whomever finishes with the highest AA placement. It’s very likely that if Shi and Suni are in good shape come Paris that the 5th doesn’t go up at all in TF.

Last edited:
I feel like Simone is a lock (duh), Shi and Suni are near locks, Jade is now much more valuable, leaving one spot available. I think DiCello probably has the inside track for the last spot if she hits.

Jordan and Leanne relegated to travelling alternates. Kaliya and Hezley with very outside shots at being named should Jordan or Leanne badly falter.

I think it depends on Wong's Cheng. But 4th seems to be Carey now.
DiCello and Chiles could come down to bars/floor. They are about equal on vault and beam. Bars or Floor would be where Chiles/DiCello step in for team finals. Biles could get a break on bars in TF and potentially Jones get a break on FX in TF.

VT (DiCello/Chiles) Jones, Carey, Biles
UB (Biles) DiCello/Chiles, Lee, Jones
BB (DiCello/Chiles) Jones, Lee, Biles
FX (Jones) DiCello/Chiles, Carey, Biles

Sumansekera and Lincoln are possible for FX. But I don't see them going since they are both bad at bars and would mean one of them or Carey would need to lead off bars in TQ.

Not sure if I'm ready for the Olympic Team Trials / presidential debate double feature tonight.
There is definitely a lot going on tonight. In addition to gymnastics, track and field starts back up tonight. I'd pick trials. I figure I can just read the news for highlights/lowlights from the presidential debate.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back