2024 Olympic Articles and Media

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think some of you are underestimating the power of nerds on the Internet. We can make any nerdy dude famous, just like we can make the whole world revolve around cats.

Or dogs

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Last edited:
He got zero attention iirc.

Leyva has more medals and he wasn’t famous.
Leyva was reasonably famous. Everyone knew he had that towel. But it wasn't a lasting fame, for sure. (not sure Stephen's will be either)

He got zero attention iirc.

Leyva has more medals and he wasn’t famous.
But his towel was!

They need to just stay the heck away from this area of Simone's private life.
Yeah that's just gross. I'm adopted and my nephew was raised by his grandparents (my parents) because his parents couldn't care for him. If someone found some... personal info about his or my early life I'd be livid.

Re: Simone's partying (my quote got eaten) good for her. You're SUPPOSED to do stupid shit like that when you're young. Once you're too old it just looks... unsavory. 😆

Two medal contenders (Jade and Brody) both ill. Rosa Galieva also fell ill in Paris at 1992 Worlds and had to withdraw from semi finals

NBC Boston published a story on Boston's failed attempt to host the 2024 Olympics. The story frames Boston as almost hosting the Olympics which is a stretch. Paris' bid probably would have won over Boston's.

I love Boston and almost went to school there and I think the city has a lot going for it. I didn't read the article but I believe part of its bid was using existing facilities such as dorms that would be empty for the summer, and college athletic fields, pools, etc. So--good for sustainability which is awesome. I hate seeing Olympics facilities that are never used again.

But at the same time, the place is SO SMALL, and crowded. They can barely handle the people they have, and considering the extra traffic that the Olympics would bring... it would be a nightmare.

But at the same time, the place is SO SMALL, and crowded. They can barely handle the people they have, and considering the extra traffic that the Olympics would bring... it would be a nightmare.
Yes and they'll come down here and we already have to fight with Maryland and Pennsylvania drivers and Floridian transplants, we don't need the Massholes 😭

But in seriousness, what brg09 said, plus I can only imagine how the Bostonians would react to the false promises and fuck-ups.

I wouldn't say "never", but Boston had glaring problems when the bid was announced. Boston has problems with inequitable development and authoritarian policing, which the Olympics tends to inflame. The sports culture is awful and famous for racist bullying. The big venues have adequate anti-harassment policies now but those weren't in place when the bid was announced. I think a Boston Olympics would've been a disaster for people of color and households earning under $90,000/yr.

I wouldn't say "never", but Boston had glaring problems when the bid was announced. Boston has problems with inequitable development and authoritarian policing, which the Olympics tends to inflame. The sports culture is awful and famous for racist bullying. The big venues have adequate anti-harassment policies now but those weren't in place when the bid was announced. I think a Boston Olympics would've been a disaster for people of color and households earning under $90,000/yr.
Also all this. I didn't know that the venues finally put in anti-harassment policies. The sports culture in Boston is crazy, especially when it involves the Red Sox. Double when it's Red Sox vs. Yankees.

I think a Boston Olympics would've been a disaster for people of color and households earning under $90,000/yr.
I don't think that's unique to Boston, it probably applies to every single city in the US. I can't imagine LA is going to be a picnic for a lot of people there.

And please never DC. As much as I would like the convenience, the traffic here is already abysmal and I can't imagine where they would put anything.

And please never DC. As much as I would like the convenience, the traffic here is already abysmal and I can't imagine where they would put anything.
Floating stadiums? resell them to the next host!

Great idea. Put everything for an Olympics on decommissioned cruise ships and just move them from city to city, continent to continent. 🤣🤣🤣

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back