2024 Olympic Articles and Media

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

And please never DC. As much as I would like the convenience, the traffic here is already abysmal and I can't imagine where they would put anything.

They'd like to build the Olympic Stadium at the RFK site. Beyond that, they wouldn't actually need to build much. Some temp venues on the Mall for beach volleyball, a velodrome, but everything else can be done in existing facilities in the area, if I'm remembering that latest proposal correctly.

They'd like to build the Olympic Stadium at the RFK site. Beyond that, they wouldn't actually need to build much. Some temp venues on the Mall for beach volleyball, a velodrome, but everything else can be done in existing facilities in the area, if I'm remembering that latest proposal correctly.
Beach volleyball on the Mall would actually be kind of fun.

On the other hand, 495...

Beach volleyball on the Mall would actually be kind of fun.

On the other hand, 495...
If it got them to run a new metro line down the indianhead highway... I wouldn't be unhappy! Plus you know the government drones would find a way to be absent for the 2 weeks. (Plus 2 for the paralympics) telework for all!

I also wanted chicago to win cuz I was younger and fitter and I was gonna join that handball team...

If the DC proposal involves a new Metro line, don't give it to the city until 2044. Maybe then it'll be completed. Look how long it took to finally get the Metro out to Dulles Airport.

I can't imagine an English speaking country getting the Olympics sooner than '44. LA '28, Brisbane '32, and SLC '34, the IOC is going to find every excuse they can not to go to the US for a good long time.

Especially when "newer" countries are looking into hosting.

Chile, Turkey, India, Indonesia all have confirmed bids for 2036.

Germany has a confirmed bid for 2040.

They are probably slobbering to give it to India to hopefully jumpstart their increased participation but with their very stratified social structure, the well documented misogyny, the extreme poverty...well, by some reports the Olympics did help Brazil (or at least Rio), it is hard to gamble. Chile would be an interesting choice.

Glorious community note.

Open the tweet in a new window to see the community note.

So, next time, can you just either screenshot the thing you want us to see or tell us? I don't want to give engagement to the Daily Fail and I don't want my algorithms to think I want to see more of their trash content.

So, next time, can you just either screenshot the thing you want us to see or tell us? I don't want to give engagement to the Daily Fail and I don't want my algorithms to think I want to see more of their trash content.

I changed it. 😊

No need to give them clicks. Someone replied that her bio mother abandoned Simone. Then reference the rag’s own article about it.

I’m glad I’m not someone so people don’t want to dig up dirt on me or comment on what I buy or have.

Chile would be a great location. India would be an uphill battle considering the pollution and the summer climate.

I'm really not sure what the best option for 2036 is. When are they making the selection?

They don't have a date yet. I would assume it would be shortly before the games start or shortly after the Los Angeles games have concluded. That is typically the trend. Although LA was also announced with Paris. But due to the fact that there were so few bids for 24/28 the IOC awarded at the same time. LA agreed to do 2028 ceding 2024 to Paris. But we also got Brisbane named after the Tokyo Olympics, so maybe we will know 2036 by next year??

I keep hoping for a World Championships for them.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back