Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

One of Team GBs goals was to diversify the number of sports in which they won medals. I don’t know the numbers but they seem to have done a good job of this. Climbing, kite surfing, artistic swimming have all seen first GB medals.

Dagestani domination of wrestling continues via emigration. Magomed Ramazanov (BUL) and Razambek Zhamalov (UZB) won their weight classes. Akmed Tazhudinov (BRN) beat Kyle Snyder (USA) again to advance to the 97kg final tomorrow. Those three wrestlers competed for Russia before changing to other countries within the past two years.

They are showing the breaking and no. I tried, I did. Like they are clearly talented and athletic, but no. Let's not do this one again.

I wish the primetime broadcast showed less diving and more other sports. Track cycling is pretty interesting and often exciting while diving is only interesting in the rare instance that the Chinese don't win at least 2 medals.

I wish the primetime broadcast showed less diving and more other sports. Track cycling is pretty interesting and often exciting while diving is only interesting in the rare instance that the Chinese don't win at least 2 medals.
Yeah, for typically being focused on showing when Americans do well, they show a whole lot of diving and I don't know what their reasoning is. I wouldn't complain if they showed less diving, though. It just irks me that the only events they cover well in prime time are track (not necessarily the field part) and swimming. I get that it's easy showing races, but their coverage is definitely getting worse especially since they've officially gone from four hours of coverage to three since 2016. I blame the east coasters for complaining about 8-12 (7-11 central) coverage. Honestly, though, it's probably really because they've gone all in with streaming live on Peacock. I don't think they're pretending that prime time isn't more than a highlights show now.

Dagestani domination of wrestling continues via emigration. Magomed Ramazanov (BUL) and Razambek Zhamalov (UZB) won their weight classes. Akmed Tazhudinov (BRN) beat Kyle Snyder (USA) again to advance to the 97kg final tomorrow. Those three wrestlers competed for Russia before changing to other countries within the past two years.
It is not surprising. Anytime I’ve been to the kavkaz region I have regularly seen men brawling in the street. Not in a violent way, but as a way of passing the time

Well, I think the best the USA can do now is tie China in golds. China got a weightlifting gold and USA women's volleyball lost their game against Italy.

Magomed Ramazanov (BUL) and Razambek Zhamalov (UZB) won their weight classes. Akmed Tazhudinov (BRN) beat Kyle Snyder (USA) again to advance to the 97kg final tomorrow.
An extreme case of "one of these things is not like the other"...

Japanese domination of women's wrestling continues, winning four out of six weight classes and medalling in all of them. Yuka Kagami (76kg) wore a mouthguard with "Kawaii" on it. American wrestlers won the other two weight classes.

I ended up getting proper invested in the basketball final today. Rooting for France because I love an underdog and a home victory. The ending was so exciting!

1723392774248.png

USA and China tie on golds. US wins the tie breaker with more overall medals.

I ranked countries by a weighted medal count: gold=3 points, silver=2, bronze=1. Here are the top 21 countries by points.

1. USA - 250
2. CHN - 198
3. FRA - 122
4. GBR - 115
5. AUS - 108
6. JPN - 97
7. NED - 71
8. ITA - 70
9. KOR - 67
10. NZL - 47
11. HUN - 38
12. BRA - 33