2024 NCAA Nationals: Semi Finals (4/18/24) and Final Four on the Floor (4/20/24)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

As someone said, 2nd for Cal in their first ever Finals is great. And it will make them hungry.

Finishing second almost seems a requisite step, when you look at the past, on the way to eventually winning a National title. It was true for LSU, Florida, Oklahoma, UCLA, and probably other teams as well.

The best team that money can buy rightfully won despite wonky scoring. So now the 5th year watch and Griffeth hire announcement to wait for.

LSU athletes who didn’t compete:
Arenas, Beard, Brock, Coen, Dunne, Hall, Hoffman, Miller, Rivers, Schennikova, Tatum, Wilson

If there was an agenda to elevate them Utah didn’t follow through well enough

If there was an agenda to elevate them Utah didn’t follow through well enough
Even if Utah had a solid vault rotation, the scores that LSU was getting on beam would have passed them. But Utah definitely collapsed that last rotation

Does anyone have a full scores link please? My fantasy league decided to do an unofficial final week because we all had enough gymnasts (just) to make line ups. There’s only four of us in the league and I managed to come third despite misunderstanding the draft and not watching a single meet until regionals! As a non-NCAA person, fantasy has been surprisingly fun.

I was trying to explain to my husband earlier today how mentally difficult it is for gymnasts to move from a child XL to an adult XS.

Feel.like that's the whole LSU team today.
There have been rumors for years about certain coaches refusing to order adult size leotards. I know the party line is all rah, rah everything has changed now, but...

There have been rumors for years about certain coaches refusing to order adult size leotards. I know the party line is all rah, rah everything has changed now, but...
I know nothing about the staff dynamics at LSU, but I’m going to make a guess that Jay delegates anything involving rhinestones to Ashleigh and/or Courtney.

Does anyone have a full scores link please? My fantasy league decided to do an unofficial final week because we all had enough gymnasts (just) to make line ups. There’s only four of us in the league and I managed to come third despite misunderstanding the draft and not watching a single meet until regionals! As a non-NCAA person, fantasy has been surprisingly fun.

That's awful. I'm glad my high school coach was the opposite way: adult sizes only, and it's not like none of us were short (myself included because I was the shortest, and there would have been problems™ if I had to wear children's sizes).

He has a nice accent, but I could never find a man who wears sneakers with a suit attractive.

Of all the head coaches of the top programmes, he is the one I’d most like to have as a colleague.
I never noticed the sneakers. But his face... he looks like a basset hound to me.

Edit: to elaborate, I think he's just aging badly. He wasn't a bad looking guy when he was younger. He's just getting to be all jowls. Boof.

Last edited:

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back