2024 NCAA Nationals: Semi Finals (4/18/24) and Final Four on the Floor (4/20/24)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender
Thursday 4/18/24
Session 1: Cal, LSU, Stanford, Arkansas 4:30 PM edt ESPN2
Session 2: Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, Utah 9:00 PM edt ESPN2

Saturday 4/20/24
Final Four on the Floor 4:00 PM ABC

Last edited:
Alright, about 24 hours till the start, anyone change their opinion that it's Oklahoma's to lose? Does anyone have any visions or gut feelings? The only gut feeling that I have is that Alabama is going to take the second spot in the evening session, but after that, 1. OU 2. LSU 3. Cal 4. Bama

Short of a massive implosion that we haven't seen from Oklahoma in years, I see no way this isn't Oklahoma winning yet again. Its not just that they're capable of getting scores that make them unbeatable, its that they've been doing it week in and week out for 3 seasons now. KJ has that team so finely tuned and so unbelievably prepared, that they not only uncatchable, they don't waver, period. They don't ever open the door for another team.

I've never been a huge Bama fan, but this year I'm rooting for them to make final four, so we can get one more day of gymnastics from Blanco since I assume she'll retire after Paris. I also prefer last season's UF/Utah to this year's.

I have a gut feeling Cal will have a repeat of last year's Nationals and that one of Arkansas/Stanford will slip through. It wouldn't even take a counting fall as we saw with Denver and Kentucky. Cal won't be able to afford a repeat of Pac-12s if the other two hit.

LSU is a lock for finals, but they need to be stronger than they looked at regionals to challenge OU. They give away too much to OU on beam, and OU has minimized their built-in deductions better across 24 routines I think.

Short of a massive implosion that we haven't seen from Oklahoma in years, I see no way this isn't Oklahoma winning yet again. Its not just that they're capable of getting scores that make them unbeatable, its that they've been doing it week in and week out for 3 seasons now. KJ has that team so finely tuned and so unbelievably prepared, that they not only uncatchable, they don't waver, period. They don't ever open the door for another team.
Even when OU does open the door ('22 Nationals FX, '23 regional final BB), nobody has been able to take advantage.

I kinda feel like Bama might take the 2nd spot in the evening session as well.

I think OU will win. Their gymnasts are just so well-conditioned and prepared for every meet. You never know though and I'd love to see the other teams step up and challenge them.

I'm bummed because I'm not sure how much of the semi-finals I am going to be able to watch. I hope some of the night session at least.

I have bama moving to final four in my bracket as well. With Michigan nowhere to be found, it might as well be Alabama.

I would like cal to advance but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Arkansas in the hole. Only a 48.8125 after have to count two scores in the 9.6s, and the highest score only 9.85.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back