2024 NCAA Nationals: Semi Finals (4/18/24) and Final Four on the Floor (4/20/24)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Allow me to once again to get on my soapbox about how Simone was utterly failed by all the highly paid professionals she hired leading up to Tokyo. Why her PR team didn't step in and get her off social media is beyond me.
Or even her coaches. Gone are the days when the USOC would prohibit athletes from social media while at the Games!

I mean, Simone's an adult. She can and does make her own decisions. I understand encouraging athletes to stay off of social media during the Games, but I'm not sure that USAG can - or should even be trying to - police the activities of grown adults. What should they do, take the athletes' phones away?

Is anyone else watching the pre-show? Not sure what to expect from it.

I mean, Simone's an adult. She can and does make her own decisions. I understand encouraging athletes to stay off of social media during the Games, but I'm not sure that USAG can - or should even be trying to - police the activities of grown adults. What should they do, take the athletes' phones away?
I believe that USOC previously made all athletes sign agreements about social media usage during the games

I saw Perea training a standing full on beam on Cal's Instagram story during training Wednesday. I hope she throws it today in her last beam routine ever.
Is she definitely not taking a COVID year?

Yuck!
IMG_2358.jpg

Mentally prepared for an LSU win, but hoping for Cal.

@RedBirdie, it was pre-destined. Just accept it and enjoy!

The rank of scores for the 4 qualifying teams:

1. LSU 198.1125
2. Utah 197.9375
3. UF 197.8750
4. Cal 197.7125

Of course their final placement depends on what they do in Finals

Vile.

I wasn't planning to watch. Was hanging out in my hammock, drinking a beer, and then the sky opened up. Rude.
My six year old is amped up… clearly the “pre-game” wasn’t targeting me.

Mentally prepared for an LSU win, but hoping for Cal.

@RedBirdie, it was pre-destined. Just accept it and enjoy!
Utterly ruining my dinner plans, too. Deeply upset about this.

I sent my husband and the kid to the kitchen to figure out dinner and am watching gymnastics in the guest room with my aforementioned beer.

Florida, Utah, and Cal are all in black or navy. I will say LSU in white stands out as a result.

For me on the scores link, no scores are showing up under "Team Stats". Only under "Meet Status." Anyone else have that problem or know how to fix it?

ETA: Never mind. It's working now.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back