2023 Xfinity Nations MAG Day 2 discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

actually you are right. could be from last year.
Last year, Whittenbirg finished in 2nd place and got an automatic World Team slot. However, when you removed bonus points, Colt Walker was actually in 2nd place, Asher 3rd and Donnell 4th.

So that is why they made the changes this year.

Colt Walker would have won without bonus. Now, if not for bonus, would other gymnasts have made different decisions about their difficulty? Possibly. But what we know is with FIG judging, Colt Walker would be the US National champion. And he won’t be competing at worlds.

Colt might have gotten screwed I guess, but that Night 1 performance really didn’t do him any favors, he HB miss was crucail.
I guess Yul’s night 1 was enough for them to get selected.
It will be interesting to see what the line ups look like.

Seems to have come down between Yul, Juda, and Colt for the final spot. Yul finished 3rd on PH, 4th on SR, and 1st on PB.
Juda finished 1st on floor and 5th on HB.
Colt was 4th on PB.

Yul had a great meet other than high bar and floor.

Last edited:
Are your event placements based on results with or without bonus?

Are your event placements based on results with or without bonus?
With bonus, from the posted scores on the website.

I guess there was no automatic placement from AA this year?

Love Colt but he doesn’t have the difficulty needed for the team that wants to compete for a team medal, potentially gold given Japan and China not sending their strongest teams and GBR without Fraser and Regini-Moran.
The World team the US selected has the potential and ability to challenge for team gold IMO.

I guess they aren’t worried about not qualifying for the Os? Cuz there is a bit of an inconsistency problem with the chosen team. If they pick the wrong moment to have a meltdown…

I love Donnell (and Yul)'s persistence but man, they have to figure out where it is going wrong and fix it cuz it just keeps not happening.

I think this team will easily qualify for Paris, so long as they don’t have a major, major meltdown.
GBR, JPN, CHN are all already in.
Even with their many mistakes in TF they were still 5th behind Italy. They were also 3rd in TQ, which is where the last 9 teams will be selected.

Speaking of Italy. They could also surprise and be in the hunt for team gold/ team medals.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back