2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Same for me, although if you look at the numbers, she would have won yesterday without the two falls and thus would have been automatically on the team. But I do hope we see 2021/2022 Chiles again soon.

I’m bummed for Chiles. In the big scheme of things, this year’s Worlds isn’t critical for someone with her CV, but she seems to have lost her spark at the moment, and I don’t like that.
I think some rest following nonstop elite and NCAA competition since Feb. 2021 and getting the Achilles cyst addressed will be good for her.

I like it, but I think the selection committee will feel that Roberson has earned it this year.

It’s gonna be close…I won’t be mad at Roberson being selected. I do think she has proven herself internationally, and with great consistency, to be a legitimate choice for the team.

Worlds - Biles/Jones/Blakely/Wong/Carey alt Dicello

Pan Ams - Chiles/Roberson/Lincoln/Miller… Zhou/Sumanasekera as 5th and alternate
Pretty much what I had earlier. I had Matthews as alternate, but maybe those 4 and Matthews (UB) and Sumansekera as alt. Matthews, Miller, Chiles is a good counting 3 on bars.

It’s telling that Carey did vault today and not bars.

They need someone on floor to cover for Skye, and Jade’s performance was not that stellar this past month unfortunately. So I believe they take Joscelyn, and well deserved.

Yeah but then you would have to give Simone her bars from today …

This is spencer’s opinion:
Today…didn’t really change all that much. When we combine all the days of nationals and camp, the highest team is Biles-Jones-Blakely-Roberson-Lincoln (using both average and best scores), with a team where Wong goes in for Roberson just a tad behind, but providing more coverage for…in case something happens to a bars worker. On camp alone, averaging the two days, you’d have Miller in for Lincoln given how much she adds on bars.

but she scored 13.350 yesterday. I think she needed to prove herself on vault.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back