2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

All we know is “ Team selections will be announced Wednesday evening”

Huh? Carey had the highest score on vault yesterday.
They are referring to Carey’s DTY yesterday. It was bad. She did much better today, but without Floor to go along with it, she doesn’t have a strong enough case to make the team over Joscelyn. Being able to take Joscelyn as a Vault + Floor combo also means being able to take Zoe Miller, the only person besides Shilese who can make the Bars final.

Take Biles, Jones, Blakely, Wong, Roberson, Lincoln and call it a day already.

I really can’t see taking Zoe Miller to Worlds.
The team will be throwing away points in the team final then, and an Uneven Bars final slot. Everything else is already covered, there’s nobody else to take after the top 4 who offer something extra. 🤷‍♀️

Has Miller shown consistency? Everyone was thinking Nemour was the future OGM on bars and then the competition got to her. Didn’t Miller have a bad nationals? With the current state of the rest of the world’s teams, i don’t think the US needs the tenths Miller could bring.

Drumroll please…

Pretty much what I expected, except for traveling alternate. I guess DiCello makes sense though because she is pretty solid on all 4 events and has experience.

And they are giving her the chance to compete PanAms if she ends up sitting out Worlds. And Carey got an international assignment so should get her funding, right? But then, girl, take a break.

I’d love to see Wong do FX in TF (and thus TQ) instead of Roberson but that’s a pipe dream. Hopefully Wong does BB in TQ and isn’t relegated solely to UB…

Congratulations to Carey, all Worlds and PanAM team members. I think the announcement is reasonable.

Last edited:
Laughing that Kelli Hill once again managed to pace Kayla just right. I don’t think many of us had her on the worlds team, even as an alternate, as recently as last night. Sure as heck didn’t after Classics and night 1 of nationals!

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back