2023 World Championships & Pan American Games Team Trials (USA)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Gymcastic spoke to Steve Butcher about qualifications, and he stated the FIG’s hands were kind of tied, because the host country has a broadcaster that purchases the rights to broadcasting the competition.

If the broadcast company chooses not to broadcast qualifications, then there is no option to broadcast them.

I think FIG can do a better job negotiating contracts because they end up posting qualification routines to their YouTube after the event. So they are filming but not airing it during Worlds.

They are prevented from broadcasting/streaming live, but there’s nothing preventing them from uploading each sub in its entirety just after it finishes.

They are prevented from broadcasting/streaming live, but there’s nothing preventing them from uploading each sub in its entirety just after it finishes.
Agreed. I could be wrong, but FIG rarely uploads full coverage, it is always individual routines.

There is a slim possibility of a stream. Or at least the dates are suggesting it. All gymnastics streams trampoline and acro worlds, I think.

Last edited:
do you like their hands behind better? I think Jones prob has the best posture, the back of her neck is extended and her tailbone is relaxed, she has good alignment. Blakely’s posture is great. In this photo DiCello appears a little collapsed in the chest, and Wong is certainly better in that department. Biles has a bit of swayback but is standing tall and relaxed. Roberson appears a little tensed but not collapsed at all

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back