back handspring stepout + layout stepout + layout stepout

(B + C + C(0), 0.1 CV + 0.1 SB

back handspring stepout + back handspring to two feet + double pike

(B(0) + B + E), 0.1 SB

Total CV / SB - 0.3

Dismount Bonus

double pike (E), 0.2

CR
  1. Connection of at least two different dance elements, one with 180 degree split (straddle jump + split jump)
  2. Turn (double turn in tuck stand)
  3. Acro series of at least two flight elements, one salto (back handspring stepout + layout stepout + layout stepout)
  4. Acro elements in different directions (Arabian, back handspring stepout, layout stepout, aerial, Onodi)
Total CR - 2.00

Total D - 2.2 + 0.9 + 0.3 + 0.2 + 2.0 = 5.6 (Potential 5.8 if the aerial is connected to the straddle jump + split jump series)

Execution Deductions

double turn in tuck stand
(body shape / lack of defined arm position), 0.1
(lack of precision / turn off-axis), 0.1

Arabian
(flexed feet), 0.1
(deviation from ideal landing position / chest forward, hips above knee level, but low), 0.1
(medium balance adjustment / movement of torso and leg lifted off beam), 0.3

back handspring stepout
(bent knees), 0.1

layout stepout
(bent knees), 0.1

second layout stepout
(bent knees), 0.1

aerial
(bent knees), 0.1
(flexed feet), 0.1

Onodi

back handspring stepout
(bent knees), 0.1

double pike dismount
(flexed feet), 0.1
(deviation from ideal landing position / chest well above knee height, but forward and parallel to the floor rather than being upright), 0.1
(large step on landing / greater than shoulder width), 0.3

Total Execution Deductions - 2.40

Artistry Deductions
  • Poor Body Posture (assessed due to the setups for the acrobatic elements and not always looking fully extended through the neck / poor head posture), 0.1
  • Insufficient amplitude (maximum elongation of the movements), 0.1
  • Insufficient involvement of the body parts (some really nice moments, especially the opening sequence, but could be better in this regard), 0.0 - 0.1
Total Artistry Deductions - 0.2 - 0.3

Total Execution Deductions - 2.6 - 2.7 (E - 7.3 - 7.4)

Neutral Deductions - Overtime, 0.10

Final Score - 5.6 + 7.3 / 7.4 - 0.1 = 12.8 - 12.9

I’m probably in the minority here but I hate how Sullivan finishers with those really harsh, hard arm movements after her skills. Her arms come down much softer after her Onodi and look more artistic to me. I think her whole routine would look so much better with arm movement that she had after her Onodi than the arm movements after layout step outs. It’s almost as bad as Memmel’s wrist from 03.

This girls bars caught my eye in PT and she is just gorgeous. Shame about the fall on the Shap 1/2.

I had 7.9 with a fall. They gave 7.6 which I think was a little harsh.

I didn’t love that either though it is pretty common in NCAA, i guess to show the judges “see, no wobble here!” If they can train her out of that (or figure out how to work it into some choreography), her beam would be improved. She has good fight though.

I just watched Kaliya Lincoln’s FX. Her tumbling is very floaty. Some form issues on the last pass but I was never crying for her ankles. Her ring leap is kinda sus and I am not great at determining what is artistic and what isn’t, but I liked her. Very polished looking and not tumbling outside her abilities.

Eichman’s beam mount was really pretty and her series very solid. Not sure what her artistry deductions would be but she worked through her minor bobbles like a veteran. She might be one to watch. (just watched her UB. Kill the bent knee taps! there is still time to save her!)

Myli Lew has great form on UB. Her dismount had issues but she managed to keep her legs glued for nearly all of her transitions. Her vault was low level but very straight looking.

Rosen hit her legs on her geinger (?), thought she was gonna lose her teeth. She kept it together, but she got a 12.550 on UB, what is the penalty for hitting the bars like that?

Last edited:
Would her hop full get credit? I am so bad at telling when one is good or bad.

You know what music would be perfect for her? “A Realm Unspoiled by Mankind” from the Stranger Things season 4 score.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back