2023 Winter Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What years are eligible for jr worlds?

Parker’s skills don’t seem like they’d survive a growth spurt. I don’t think Sam realizes smiling is not artistry…

She took off so far from the end on her dbl tuck I thought she’d hit her head

Hezly Rivera (2008) Beam 13.800

Last edited:
Listening to John’s commentary, he mentioned the range of difficulty and precision among the junior women and the question is if the gymnast is 12 or 15. Not that it would make sense, I suppose, but since the grandfather clause was revoked, I feel like the pre-Olympic year should have an in-between for the 15-year-olds who will turn 16 an Olympic year. They should be competing against the seniors, not 12-year-olds who won’t be seniors until 2027.

I think maybe there’s an opportunity there to have friendlies with the 15-year olds in other countries. It’ll give them some extra experience competing, getting feedback on weaknesses and strengths, and trying out potential upgrades.

This annoys me SO SO much.

Have just seen a floor routine so lacking in presentation and dance ability that it was physically painful to watch. The gymnast couldn’t even walk off the floor with the correct posture.

WHY THE HECK are gymnasts like that being allowed to compete elite at a young age when there is so, so much that needs to be sorted out?!

Jayla Hang (2008) Vault 13.8, tied for highest score so far with Lailah Danzy

The highest score on beam for seniors yesterday was Skye Blakely with 13.150. Claire Pease matched that and Hezly blew it away with a 13.8, all three WOGA.

ETA: I was apparently looking at Skye’s UB score not BB, she scored 13.400 on Beam.

Last edited:
This is a choice USAG make. In many countries the junior division is the same as the age group eligible for Junior Worlds with a separate category for younger girls.

Side note - is there any relation between the US use of Hopes for an optional stage for younger gymnasts and the use of it’s French equivalent “espoir” to describe the mandatory younger division in Europe?

Last edited:
Hezly Rivera (2008) FX 13.450 (D: 5.6, E: 7.850) – first place so far on FX

1st place for seniors was Kaliya Lincoln 13.600, Hezly’s score puts her 3rd in the seniors.

Last edited:
Top 2 here clinch an automatic berth to the Junior World Team. So it is looking like Rivera and Hang at this point.

Jayla Hang’s 1st place (so far) 13.7 on UB would place her 3rd in the seniors behind Zoe Miller (13.9) and Charlotte Booth (13.75)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back