2023 Winter Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Her VT would have been a 9.8… I think she would have been fine on UB and BB. FX would need a few tweaks but I’m sure she could master the whip to 2.5 to punch front(a pass I loved)

Her VT would have been a 9.8… I think she would have been fine on UB and BB. FX would need a few tweaks but I’m sure she could master the whip to 2.5 to punch front(a pass I loved)
Yup, Phelps at 9.8, bars and beam would have been from 10.
FX, double front mount, whip 2 1/2 punch tuck, and maybe a FHS rudi, shush, with mixed series would have gotten her a 10 sv

She was doing double front mount and full-in dismount on floor, so it would’ve been easy to fill in the middle tumbling pass and dance bonus. Alas!

She was doing double front mount and full-in dismount on floor, so it would’ve been easy to fill in the middle tumbling pass and dance bonus. Alas!
I would ditch the full in final pass as it was not worth it.
She could have done the double front (.2 bonus) as first pass, whip 2 1/2 punch front (.5 bonus) and she is already at a 9.700 start value and could do two more passes to get to a 10.00 given she have all the composition requirements and value parts required.

Double front
whip, 2 1/2 twist, punch front
Whip half, rudi, shushunova
double pike

Phelps was more than able to manage this if healthy IMO.

Yeah, her full-in at the end was quite high but a double pike would’ve been fine, which she showed in 2000 at the end of her routine.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back