2023 US Classic Session 1 (Senior Women discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Like it’s okay in figure skating because they can use music with lyrics fully, but some of these choices today are grating on my ears. Granted there are some pretty awful covers in figure skating…

Last edited:
I hadn’t realized Marchenko was there. I’d almost forgotten he has athletes of his own aside from Liukin.

Last edited:
Matthews is 2.45 behind Roberson.

Matthews going to VT, Roberson to UB.

Score flashed 14.125 in arena but without corresponding D/E (score breakdown still up for the Cheng). In past meets the second score flashed has been the average, IIRC.

But I agree 13.7 is too high

MDJDS isn’t even within 4 points behind Roberson??? Surely they must’ve forgot to include her on the leaderboard because what the f***

Roberson – 42.950
De Jesus Dos Santos – 41.350
Matthews – 40.500
Pineda – 39.800
Zhou – 39.600

thank you both. Regardless, some of these judges need to be put behind bars after today

I don’t think Booth should get credit for that Tkachev 1/2 but we shall see…

Last edited:
We haven’t seen Kelsie Woolford yet, she’s 5th in the American-only rankings. Big improvement over what I saw from her at nationals last year.

Fantastic from Miller!! Great recovery after the initial pirouette on the low bar. Of this session, Miller is really the only fringe gymnast I see with a shot at Antwerp/Paris, aside from she who must not be named

MDJDS isn’t even within 4 points behind Roberson??? Surely they must’ve forgot to include her on the leaderboard because what the f***
Attempting to (further) artificially inflate Roberson by making people think she can be compared to Simone Biles in any positive way by being several points ahead of the field?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back