2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The applique looking thing is weird. The body should be ombre and the applique by the neck. That’s all I’ve got.
Jade’s is pretty.

Jade’s looks nice on her.
IMG_7618

I like Suni’s the most of the three, but I’m a sucker for both ombre and the purple-grey combo, so.

Funny you say that. I have just been sorting through old IG magazines and there are GK ads with very similar leotard lines across the body in various colors/variations.

Last edited:
ooooh, how old? Any chance you can snap and upload a few pictures?

Well and after Classic, everyone will be predicting World teams without her because she didn’t compete. So maybe it is strategy to come in with low pressure?

She originally wasn’t scheduled to compete anyway. The people were speculating things and then a week later she was on the roster. Maybe they realized what’s better for them is not holding space for other people’s expectations and concerns.

The challenge might bring out the best in them.

This is a legit Cheng, not an IF. Would be interesting to see whether she will show more upgrades on FX.

That looks like an ACL waiting to happen. She’s barely even rotated.

She finished that last 1/2 twist below the table and basically landed on her knees. It’s nice to see the effort but this is not competition surface ready. I know at camp they land on mats over the pit which TO ME is kind of strange because that’s the vault they judge to determine teams. Like, IMO that gives bubble “vault girls” an unfair advantage. I know it’s for safety, but to me, it’s like, if you’re trying to get on a team you should be ready to land your regular vault on a hard surface for one day of competition before selecting the team. Or do they just not have the space for a hard vault landing and a pit vault?

Can’t the judges tell if the gymnast is 100% ready to land on a hard surface when the gymnast lands on a mat over the pit? Why should the gymnast risk an injury?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back