2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I e also seen USAG tweet there’s an international stream on YouTube for the seniors

honestly there were a few things that kind of worried me for her health- the description of the intermittent swelling and other symptoms was, well, not great. It sounds like she has some level of kidney failure going on. Also the comment about how she is not really supposed to be doing gymnastics was um kind of scary. Renal failure and subsequent dialysis is not something to play around with and if she truly isn’t supposed to be doing gymnastics then welp she’s playing with fire. Granted she is an adult and can do as she pleases but as someone who sees the consequences of these very serious diseases she sounds like she’s not making wise choices. JMHO.

I’m not watching so can’t confirm, but usually they follow the competition start list for podium training. At least for WAG–MAG is much more loosey goosey.

Just started watching. One of the girls with the white top and darker bottom leo had really nice extension on UB. The girl after her almost sat on the bar on her release move. It is showing up pretty dark on my screen so it is kinda hard to tell who is doing what.

One of the GAGE girls (Al Fong is distinctive at least) is vaulting to her knees. Another girl is doing a cannonball like vault. Interesting to see something different.

ETA: So, do all the juniors use the same bars settings? No one seems to be fiddling with the bars between gymnasts and with the disparity in heights, it just seems odd that everyone has the same bars setup.

Last edited:
Warmups now. I am assuming it is the first session ladies as i don’t see anyone short enough to be Simone.

split screen, pretty dark, very hard to see

Last edited:
Can I just say how weird it is to see Spieth equipment at a US event?

I think once again Al Fong is absent. Hard to tell, but I’m 99% sure Armine is there with a different GAGE coach.

I think Melanie is skipping vault.

Roberson crashed her first TWO DTY attempt. Not even close.

We should all be so lucky as to watch Nola Matthews on floor. New routine, same fabulousness.

I was wrong, Melanie is vaulting. DTY.

Al is there. Wearing the gloves.
IMG_7683

There’s another GAGE coach that wears gloves. I’m pretty sure that’s him in the screenshot, not Al.

Roberson somehow put a Cheng to her feet, but just barely. Low, crunched, and an ACL buster. And apparently that’s the only one she’s attempting today.

I am here live.

Melanie did two of her usual DTYs. Bars showed a decent full routine with a close caught, pike Nabieva, not connected to the pak and stuck FTDLO. She missed a Nab later but finally hit a gorgeous one connected to Pak. Floor was a dance thru but she landed a Chuso in one of her acro lines.

Joscelyn is really supposed to replace Jade?! She can put a Cheng and Moors to her feet, but the rest is a disaster, including her DTY. Bars and beam are hopeless.

Didn’t see much of Zoe on bars or on anything really. Saw a Silivas and 2.5 through to double back from separate gymnasts but couldn’t identify either.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back