2023 US Classic (Pre Meet and WAG Juniors Discussion)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yim ruptured an achilles. She wasn’t a lock but she certainly was in the running, to make Passion’s point about injuries.

Last edited:
Also 2024 is a 5 member team as opposed to 6 member team in 2004.
So just the one person less alone makes it more challenging to make it in 2024 as opposed to 2004. One less spot.

I think I would prefer Simone, Suni, Shilese, Skye and then the fifth spot between Jordan, Jade and Gabby (assuming her bars look like the short snippets posted).

Are there any 2024 seniors coming through?

Current junior national team members that will be seniors in 2024:
Kieryn Finnwll
Jayla Hang
Zoey Molomo
Hezly Rivera
Audrey Snyder
Issy Stassi

Nearly every junior at nationals in 2022 is eligible for Paris. Only Claire Pease and Gabby Hardie were 2009 kids.

Last edited:
Are any of these capable of being in the top 5 paris conversation? Realistically?

Are any of these capable of being in the top 5 paris conversation? Realistically?
Last year we would have said no way about Roberson, now conversation has her edging out Carey.

Who knows what can change in a year.

Last year we would have said no way about Roberson, now conversation has her edging out Carey
does it?

I think Jayla Hang and Hezly Rivera could potentially challenge. Hang is training an Amanar. Def not near ready but there’s time

Of the newer seniors are Roberson and Sumansekera the only two we are thinking have a shot?

I guess we haven’t seen much of a healthy Sullivan in a while. It will be interesting to see what she looks like these days.

Sullivan isn’t technically a new senior. She turned senior in 2022.

Yeah, she just crossed my mind as someone who isn’t being included on anyone’s radar who had the potential to surprise. I’m not sure where she was in her recovery process at Winter Cup this year, but in the past it’s seemed like she had the capability to keep improving if she could stay healthy.

Darn, judging by that article, Suni’s kidney problem is a lot more serious than I had hoped. I was hoping it had only affected her for a couple months through to the end of the NCAA season.

But now it’s August and her kidney problem has continued for 6 months. That it hasn’t been curable worries me both for her gymnastics and for her health.

Without the kidney problem, I’d say she was easily going to Paris and Antwerp. Now, who knows. She’s a tough cookie to be fighting through it and training, which hopefully isn’t making it worse. Arggh. Sending my best healing wishes into the universe.

Either they don’t want to name it (which is fair) or they aren’t sure what it is. I agree that it is concerning that it is still a problem. Hopefully she is training smart and not making things worse by trying to fight through it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back