2023 Russian Championships

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The coaches usually receive the judges sheets after the competition. I’ll see if I can get hold of one

The coaches usually receive the judges sheets after the competition. I’ll see if I can get hold of one
If the 15.1 had a low 8 E and the rest was attained through some kind of domestic bonus, then I will of course retract.

If however the Russian domestic code gives Listunova an E score in the 9s then yes it is a joke.

Why does it matter if it’s D score or E score? For example, I know that in previous years, it’s been allowed to have a lunge landing at the Russian championship, which is always in March because they don’t insist upon stuck landings so early in the season, but by Russia Cup time, lunges are not allowed

If the score was raised due to domestic difficulty bonus, that’s one thing. It is easy to deduct the bonus and determine the real score.

If the score was raised because the E panel ignores certain deductions, that’s wholly different.

If the score was raised due to domestic difficulty bonus, that’s one thing. It is easy to deduct the bonus and determine the real score.

If the score was raised because the E panel ignores certain deductions, that’s wholly different.
Does it really matter?
We all know the domestic scores in Russia are bullshit. Especially when they are banned. Gotta bump up those domestic scores to make them seem even more victimized because they are currently banned.

Absolutely. Mostepanovism

But what is the US excuse?!

Every country does it. Some of the national scores given to Jess Gadirova have been very suspect too

Last edited:
That leg separation on listi’s dismount is so outrageous it almost merits its own body shape description, something like straddle-tuck

I agree. I will say that the angle doesn’t help. And with her being so clean elsewhere that error looks so much worse.

For a split second I thought she was doing a Delchev and was extremely excited.

She has really weird technique on that dismount, which seems to cause the poor form on the first Salto. I don’t know what it is that she does, but I don’t like it

The Oloumac footage of Mostepanova is consistent with the scores. The perfect 40 is probably legitimate

She and Melnikova both bring their legs together in order to twist

Last edited:
Does it really matter?
Yes. Because you can delete the bonus from the score and arrive at a legitimate score.

But on the other hand, one can’t make sense of an E score which is based on nonsense.

I have an 8.3E with most of it coming in the second half.

Jeeez. Do you have zero awareness of sarcasm? It’s actually tedious

Russian scoring is sometimes legit. As i mentioned, some meets are scored using the FIG code, some using the domestic code. In the run up to worlds or Olympics, you’ll see very tight domestic scoring that has everyone panicking that they’ll need to do much better than that at worlds.

It is nothing new

You know how to judge, Doug, so you can clearly see what these routines would score internationally. I don’t know why the scoring annoys you. It’s completely insignificant

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Is there a way to tell which is which? Which meets in Russia in the last couple years have been judged using FIG code?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back