MaryClare

Defender
Is in Kazan next week.

Attachments

• 13341C59-A6EA-4A3D-AC5C-C7E87C0DE7F4.jpeg
    13341C59-A6EA-4A3D-AC5C-C7E87C0DE7F4.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
But are we allowed to talk about this or will you accuse us of normalising Russia again?

Cause this last year really has been the mary clare reign of terror in this regard. I’m building a resistance with @ArnoldRimmer but we’re both basically useless for anything other than witty gym comebacks, so i don’t think we’ll pose much of a problem.

I thought it was inappropriate to discuss the Spartakaida because it is (and was during soviet times also) a government run, propaganda vehicle. It’s not a RGF competition, it’s a national multi sports event that is used to convey government messages to the people.

This is a normal, RGF run competition. And whatever we think of Valentina, she’s unlikely to be hauled in front of a judge in The Hague.

I wonder how the coaches are keeping these girls going since its likely They wont take part on either worlds And olympics
I guarantee Russia will hold an alternate Games of some sort if they don’t get to compete in Paris.
Belarus will attend for sure and likely North Korea and China. Maybe some of the former Soviet republics or some Middle East countries that have been allies with Russia.

The gym I work at has some national team members. It’s hard to explain, but the motivation here is quite different and always has been. For example, there is a lot of prestige in national competitions. Plus the athletes know that if things do change regarding competing internationally, it could happen very quickly and they need to be ready to compete.

Why did they remove all the twisting from Listunova’s routine? I swear to God, I don’t know how they choose her passes, it’s like they spin the wheel and then make her do whatever 3 come out plus a double tuck. The DLO is gone, the triple twist is gone, the 2.5-punch front which she did rather reliably is gone. I mean at least the Silivas looks like she can land it, as opposed to Russian championships 2021

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back