2023 Regionals (March 29-April 2)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Already had the first elimination Ball State lost to NC State in the play in.
NC State advances.

I tried but it did not work, still saying that it is not available in my country 😬

Yeah we coild have just watched Pac12 :roll_eyes:

Day 2 live blog: https://balancebeamsituation.com/2023/03/30/regionals-live-blog-day-2/

BUSY day:
2:00pm ET/11:00am PT Pitt Play-in
Towson vs. Penn State*

3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT Oklahoma Semifinal 1
[8] Alabama
[9] Kentucky
Illinois
Iowa

4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT Denver Play-in
Arizona vs. North Carolina

5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT UCLA Semifinal 1
[5] Utah
[12] Auburn
Southern Utah
Washington

8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT Oklahoma Semifinal 2
[1] Oklahoma
[16] Ohio State
Arkansas
NC State

10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT UCLA Semifinal 2
[4] UCLA
[14] Missouri
Stanford
Boise St

(Strictly for me, holy shit, junior worlds, baseball opening day, NCAA regionals, and some hockey tonight. I need 6 more screens to watch it all!)

Towson had an absolute meltdown on Beam. As long as Penn State doesn’t have to count multiple falls on beam, they will advance.

PSU made it slightly interesting in the end, but advances 195.700 to Towson’s 195.450.

Luisa Blanco off the beam for Bama in the first rotation. Everyone else stayed on, but a rather pedestrian 49.175.

Kentucky and Alabama advance to regional final, Illinois and Iowa eliminated.

O’Keefe a 10.00 on beam! Utah off to an OK start in general Ibguess, only 9.300 for Eaker

Arizona eliminates North Carolina which struggled counting a fall and a 9.55 on beam

Halfway point Utah with a big lead.
Auburn solid in 2nd. Washington a huge surprise .3 behind Auburn and without Skylar Killough-Wilhelm, their AA star. They might be closer to Auburn with her, she must be sick or injured.
Southern Utah still fighting and .4 behind Auburn.

Auburn has bars and beam left, Washington beam (best event) and floor. SUU is done with bars and beam.

This one will come down to the final routines most likely.

No McCallum for Utah which we knew and Suni is also out, which we suspected.

Last edited:
Rut ro!

Auburn first two bars routines with falls.

Utah crack on vault. Rucker with a 10 and Brenner got a 9.950 with a side hop…one judge gave her a 10

FUDGE!
3rd fall in a row on bars for Auburn. They will have to count 2 falls at the very least. They will be eliminated.
Southern Utah and Washington will fight for the second spot to regional final.

Going into final rotation its
Washington 147.600
SUU 147.45
Auburn 146.725

Washington ahead of Auburn by .875 and going to floor. So they just have to hit floor and Auburn is out.
SUU goes to vault, but Washington on floor with the higher score potential so it really comes down to Washington counting 5 hit floors.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back