2024 Week 12 Conference Championships Saturday, March 23.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

At least one good thing happened at Pac-12s. Selena Harris wins the AA with 39.825 over Jade Carey and Grace McCallum, both with 39.675.

Selena also wins VT and UB. Finishes 2nd on BB and FX. 3 Pac-12 titles in a night, not bad :)

Reactions: Dex
197.875 for UCLA.

Disaster beam for Oregon State. 48.550. Drops them to 4th. 196.775. They will be unseeded.

Final Pac 12
Utah 198.000
UCLA 197.875
Cal 197.325
Oregon State 196.775

Final SEC
LSU 198.075
Alabama 197.750
Kentucky 197.600
Florida 197.300

Final Big 12
Oklahoma 198.950
Denver 197.975
BYU 197.050
Iowa State 196.350
West Virginia 195.125

UCLA putting up a respectable away 197.875 at Pac-12s should serve notice that they're not out of qualifying for Nationals just yet.

Now what does all of this mean for the rankings? Does LSU overtake Cal? Where does UCLA finish with their huge possible swing of available placements?

It took a 10 to win every single apparatus at the Big 12s. And a 10 wasn't enough to win FX outright, just to tie. Scoring overhaul needed much?

Now what does all of this mean for the rankings? Does LSU overtake Cal? Where does UCLA finish with their huge possible swing of available placements?
I think LSU did overtake Cal for #2.

As for the rest, Road To Nationals is updating, we should see final NQS shortly.

From Spencer:
So, Oregon State’s miss on beam means NC State will take the final seeded position (!) and Oregon State will go geographically.

FINAL RANKINGS
1 Oklahoma
2 LSU
3 Cal
4 Florida
5 Utah
6 Denver
7 Kentucky
8 Alabama
9 UCLA
10 MIchigan State
11 Michigan
12 Arkansas
13 Missouri
14 Auburn
15 Minnesota
16 NC State

We get our chaos with Florida and Arkansas, and Cal and Michigan paired by ranking. So lots of adjustment will have to happen. We could even see Michigan bumped up to 9, Arkansas to 10, UCLA down to 11 and MSU to 12? Going to be verrrrry interesting.

OU was insane tonight. Scoring seemed way more reasonable across the board than it has felt all season. I generally did not have any big complaints about relative rankings.

I watched Big 12s (I only picked one college gymnastics meet because I was watching figure skating worlds at the same time), and I think Oklahoma's score was deserved. It was a great performance.

Without reallocation of teams due to who are hosting, these would be the Regionals draws.:

Oklahoma (1), Alabama (8), UCLA (9), NC State (16)

Florida (4), Utah (5), Arkansas (12), Missouri (13)

LSU (2), Kentucky (7), Michigan St. (10), Minnesota (15)

Cal (3), Denver (6), Michigan (11), Auburn (14)

Hosts are bolded.

Regionals draws will be announced Monday.

Without reallocation of teams due to who are hosting, these would be the Regionals draws.:

Oklahoma (1), Alabama (8), UCLA (9), NC State (16)

Florida (4), Utah (5), Arkansas (12), Missouri (13)

LSU (2), Kentucky (7), Michigan St. (10), Minnesota (15)

Cal (3), Denver (6), Michigan (11), Auburn (14)

Hosts are bolded.

Regionals draws will be announced Monday.
It seems the most logical thing to do would be switch Michigan with UCLA, and Arkansas with MSU.

What regional do you view as the "easiest"? I know the 4-5 regional is supposed to be the death regional, but it's the only one where neither top team has multiple mid 198s. I know florida can turn it on, but they feel the most "gettable". Cal has proven it can put up a clunker too though. Denver, Alabama, Kentucky, Utah, MSU, and UCLA are all pretty hot right now.

After opening with a 193 this season, I didn't expect Stanford to finish 4th at Pac-12s. I hope they get a good regional assignment.

I don't think there's a single regional that will be easy, but I'd probably choose the Michigan regional. UM at home is dangerous, but can open the door up on beam/bars. I would not want to be in the Arkansas regional if I'm looking for an upset. They look like they're peaking and they'll have the home advantage. If I were Cal, UCLA is the last team I'd want in my regional after this weekend.

What regional do you view as the "easiest"? I know the 4-5 regional is supposed to be the death regional, but it's the only one where neither top team has multiple mid 198s. I know florida can turn it on, but they feel the most "gettable". Cal has proven it can put up a clunker too though. Denver, Alabama, Kentucky, Utah, MSU, and UCLA are all pretty hot right now.
None of them. There is no longer such a thing as "easiest regional".
Especially when you have Oregon State, Ohio State, Stanford unseeded.
Though it looks like Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona, and ASU are possibilities of going to Cal, which could make that one a challenge.

But in terms of the seeded teams. Not one region is better than the other.

Last edited:

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back