2023 Pan American Games Event Finals Day 2 MAG VT/PB/HB WAG BB/FX (Wednesday, October 25)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Lincoln hit BB through all of Nationals, selection camp, and Pan Ams, didn’t she?
Yes, but not commanding, she had errors today which dropped her down. A confident completely hit set, consistently would benefit her.

Lincoln hit BB through all of Nationals, selection camp, and Pan Ams, didn’t she?
Lincoln is probably my favorite for the Lincoln/Carey/Roberson spot. Chiles is my favorite for the Wong/DiCello/Chiles spot. Blakely is still my favorite for the Blakely/Lee/Miller spot. Obviously Biles and Jones are going to Paris barring injury or Trials meltdown, whereas Sumanasekera etc will probably be on the outside looking in re: possible team spots.

Lincoln is probably my favorite for the Lincoln/Carey/Roberson spot. Chiles is my favorite for the Wong/DiCello/Chiles spot. Blakely is still my favorite for the Blakely/Lee/Miller spot. Obviously Biles and Jones are going to Paris barring injury or Trials meltdown, whereas Sumanasekera etc will probably be on the outside looking in re: possible team spots.
I agree with all of this. Though, if Jade gets back to 2021 level, I might swing back in her favor. I think the Blakely/Lee/Miller spot might also have a Douglas in the mix (well, you know, I hope it does). DiCello was very steady here but she doesn’t really have a shining moment. Chiles’ vault makes you sit up and say “hey, that was somehow better than those others right before her” while her wolf turn on floor makes you cry. I guess I have a soft spot for at least one rollercoaster athlete though I am usually on team steady-freddy.

I know people were saying they were upset at Sumanasekera’s progress (or lack thereof) at WCC but maybe they aren’t really pacing her for the Olympics? I mean, they have to know that all the gymnasts they are training there aren’t going to actually make it. No teams from the State of Delusion. Maybe they are aiming for “she’ll be good enough to go if there is an injury plague but really, let’s go for the next quad”? (I don’t know but I hope they aren’t raising her hopes because she sadly is a pretty outside shot.)

Just realized I’m calling for an all-Black Olympic team! I love it.

Fine with me. Let’s select the best gymnasts regardless of skin color, religion, political affiliation etc.
The obsession that many gymnastics fans have with sending an all POC team feels very weird and uncomfortable especially when most of them are white

The obsession that many gymnastics fans have with sending an all POC team feels very weird and uncomfortable especially when most of them are white
The whiteness of the fans have nothing to do with it? It’s really cool to see the possibility of an all POC team regardless of the race of the person noticing that it would be cool.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back