2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Well, it would have been Kupets and Memmel, but Kupets got injured, so it ended up being Memmel and Vise.

Carly was 2-per’ed by Memmel and Vise, iirc
No.
Carly was not in the top 8.
Kupets qualified 2nd and Memmel 4th and Vise was 8th.
Vise came in when Kupets withdrew.
Khorkina was alternate due to the US and Chinese ahead of her.

The depth of that era was crazy. USA struggles with UB now, but back then they had double World Champions on the event plus Kupets and Humphrey.

I would love for Rebeca to win a floor medal with this music, as it it will be the last competition she will have it. I feel that her floor routine is a performance. You can see the work that went into it, and that she is hearing and performing to it. So many routines look like they are ticking boxes.

Patterson was not int he top 8 so technically she didn’t qualify to finals. She was not named a reserve due to 3 ahead of her.
Where as Zhang Nan did qualify for beam finals in the top 8 but was 2 per’d.

if that makes sense.

That quad, the US won 6 bars medals!
2001: Hennan bronze
2002: Kupets gold
2003: Memmel and Vise gold
2004: Humphrey silver and Kupets bronze

Have Italy only pulled D’Amato after Saraiva withdrew, which made Maggio first reserve?

The arena is going to EXPLODE with the Gadirovas going last

The depth of that era was crazy. USA struggles with UB now, but back then they had double World Champions on the event plus Kupets and Humphrey.
Humphrey didn’t even do bars in 2003.
Schwikert was also World class on that event and could have easily been World champion with a hit set.
Tasha fell on bars, beam, and floor.

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 11.14.35 AM

That turn was not of the good, but I’m glad the tumbling is going well.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back