2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Was there music being played over Andrade’s music in the arena or am I going crazy? I thought it was coming from one of my tabs open but I closed everything and was still hearing it.

And then the UB quality drops off so quickly after 2004 to the point that the USA really only had Memmel and Liukin. Imagine having the equivalents of Heenan, Schwikert, Kupets, Vise, and Humphrey to pick from alongside Memmel and Liukin. If they could have stacked UB in 2008 and leave off Peszek and Sloan, I think the USA could have won over China. There was Priess, but she quit and retired from elite very abruptly.

Last edited:
She may be injured/not able to compete I suppose. Pulling her for her team mate, if thats what happened, is shady.

Reactions: eem
Not the most expressive from Andrade this time, and that Memmel continues to be a problem, but she really focused hard on the landings today. GREAT job.

She may be injured/not able to compete I suppose. Pulling her for her team mate, if thats what happened, is shady.
There were quotes from the Italian coach on twitter a few days ago where he said they would pull Alice for Maggio if Saraiva pulled out. This was the strategy going in.

Yep. I am giving the very slightest benefit of the doubt, but it smells suspicious at face value.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back