Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

TF on Sunday should be exciting. Italy and GB will rotate together, right?

You have to admire the optimism though.
(There’s little gymnastics-related I would like more, but I’m a realist)

I haven’t followed too much I admit, but aren’t the Romanian juniors supposed to be a little better than the seniors? Or am I combining generations.

Barbosu is good.
Stanciulescu injured was an issue plus Ceplinchi was injured.
If you add these three to Voinea and Puflea ROU 2023 senior team should be back in team finals.

Emphasis on should.

But clearly Romanian would not have made Worlds if it wasn’t for Barbosu carrying the entire team.
The are ahead of Czechia by 7 points, but that gets eaten up quickly if you swap 11s on bars beam and floor instead of the mid 13s she got.

Just watched the fourth sub and don’t understand how Maggio came off of bars. Could swear it was witchcraft. Good sub otherwise though! Agreed that it’s Italy’s to lose. GB can challenge if they can do better; going by what I saw, I don’t think France can, though I’m not great with the numbers side of things. But they just don’t appear to be on the same level.

Last edited:
So in theory, they are improving, but obviously they’re reliant on the top group. I wouldn’t mind seeing them back in the mix at some point. We’ll see how the juniors do.

There’s some room for GB improvement. Odines bars were a mess. Plus Jess beam. But then again, Alice hit 4 for 4 in prelims so obviously that means a splat fest on Sunday. Plus the floor rotation went about as good as they can possibly do; so I don’t imagine they’ll repeat those again. I hope they can snag a silver.

Just watched the 1st Sub division for the Juniors - ROM narrowly in the lead over GER.

These kids could be the future of Romanian gymnastics but they still need a bloody good bars coach. Why is no one in charge seeing this 😡

Should we do a separate thread for team finals and event finals or???

Replying to myself since I’m having trouble editing my post…

For the juniors. I guess Romania left their better bar workers at home. And counted a 9??? Looks like they are improving.

Italy winning is a surprise I think.
Germany was the favorite to win with Romania favored for silver.

Czech Republic placing 6th is good for their future.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back