Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Surely Italy will easily win prelims? GB falling all over the place on bars and beam.

I’m not sure. It looked suspect but not visibly short. I would probably have credited on that basis but that might be because of me not looking close enough iyswim.

Surely Italy will easily win prelims? GB falling all over the place on bars and beam.

3 points
Team finals will be interesting because GBR can improve quite a bit. Italy was lights out today, the absolute best performance from this team, so they pretty much maxed their score.

Let me go back and have a look when this finishes. Most of the judges probably weren’t eating a smoked mackerel salad while they watched the routine though, in my defence.

UGH poor Maggio fell, Asia is gonna get gold, Kinsella silver, Heduit bronze.

They did, and actually three points is less than I’d have guessed after bars, but I think Italy are also still safe if they go clean-ish. GB had a fall on bars and must’ve lost over half a point with Alice’s beam dismount, but they also look fatigued enough that it seems unrealistic to expect a performance free of the impact of that on Saturday.

That’s a fair bit of clear water between GB and France. We did think we might see a battle for the silver but it doesn’t look like it’s going that way.

Pretty much the GB EF qualifiers you’d expect; except you’d probably have Alice in the beam final instead of the bar final.

Barbosu I had 7.8 E with a Worlds 2021 pen not Tokyo 2020 pen.

let’s see if I can get myself in fucking line!

ETA: 8.633!!! Is that a typo???
So it was a 7.866. A Worlds 2021 pen it is!

Jess had a BEAUTIFUL bar routine until just having no rotation on that dismount. I hope they don’t call it a fall but, in the least, it will be a 0.8.
Add 0.8 to her bars and a 1.2 (fall plus lost CV/SB) to her beam…

She could have won the whole damn thing.

Last edited:
If I did my sleuthing correctly here are the individual qualifiers.
  1. Lithie Raz (ISR)
  2. Camille Rasmussen (DEN)
  3. Maria Tronrud (NOR)
  4. Lucia Hrijbar (SLO)
  5. Halle Hilton (IRE)
  6. Aneta Holaskova (CZE)
  7. Zala Trtnik (SLO)
  8. Thelma Adalsteinsdottier (ISL)
  9. Klara Peterkova (CZE)
  10. Juliane Toessebro (NOR)
  11. Emma Slevin (IRE)
  12. Mariana Parente (POR)