Worlds Qualifier: 2022 European Championships — Munich, Germany August 11- 21

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The Italian juniors were fantastic, great performance today. Unfortunately I was travelling during sub one so I didn’t see ROM or GER.

I hardly know any of these juniors but Elina Grawin (SWE) is one of my new favourites. Lovely gymnastics 😍. The Belgian floor routines were fun and the first three Greek gymnasts on floor had beautiful carriage and presentation.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say beam was a hit. That dismount landing was disastrous, she would’ve been approaching 14 otherwise.

The top 10 teams going to worlds based on qualifying scores. Caveats about judging panels b/w meets and some countries not sending their top team.

China 167.366
Italy 165.162
Great Britain 162.129
Brazil 161.967
USA 160.466
France 159.131
Germany 158.730
Australia 158.330
Canada/South Korea 157.566

Japan/Belgium/NL bunched together a couple points lower than 10th.

France could definitely challenge for bronze if they look like this with MDJDS in the mix.

Last edited:
Let me go back and have a look when this finishes. Most of the judges probably weren’t eating a smoked mackerel salad while they watched the routine though, in my defence.

I am in no way a code expert but that passage seems dangerously close to not being credited

I was scared waiting for her score to come up, because that would have nixxed her shot at defending her title.

In case anyone wants to judge tomorrow’s team final, I hope I’ll be able to live judge. If anyone wants to judge (and doesn’t have edit access) PM me!

I judged some AA routines and I’m pretty much in line except I thought some of the better floors were underscored (I had Alice D’Amato at an 8.5E and they only gave her an 8.1 which doesn’t make sense next to the 8.033 they gave to Kinsella - which I gave an 8.1). But others may disagree!!

Last edited:
Obviously this isn’t official, so it doesn’t really matter, but Ondine’s name is spelled with an “n”.

I would probably have given that because I think she does keep moving, but it would’ve been a benefit of the doubt situation. Playing with fire.

Have we seen any other borderline/asking for trouble dance elements at this comp? Be interesting to see if there’s an overall pattern of leniency. Let’s keep eyes out today.

GB lineups as we thought. Vault is obviously Jessica, Ondine and Alice. Bars is minus the Gadirovas. Beam is Ondine, Jessica and Alice and floor is Jennifer, Alice and Jessica.

So GMF actually has a reasonably easy day and Alice is doing four again.

Last edited:
My first judging Louon on beam, I had an 8.0 she got 8.033 so I’m feeling good.

The german girl on beam i also had 8.0 and she got 8.1. So I think Im relatively in line.

That’s two landings Alice has uncharacteristically run out of in five routines since this competition started. They really are asking a lot of her and Ondine at the mo.

I had 7.5 for Bui on bars. I took a whole point - 0.5 for the bent leg giant and another 0.5 for the empty swing.

ETA: 7.833 - maybe I was a little harsh!

Last edited:
7.9 for Charpy I had. The coach RAN onto the podium for the dismount was so offputting!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back