Will he never go away (nassar trigger warning)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She was shorter than them before their retirement growth sprees.

The only one close was Skinner.

Last edited:
The only way to remove the photo of HIM is to remove the entire link. It would remove the
information and the article but I’m afraid it would remove the entire reason for the thread.

The only way to remove the photo of HIM is to remove the entire link. It would remove the
information and the article but I’m afraid it would remove the entire reason for the thread.
@rlayt What if you edited the post to add a picture of something else in the space before the link? The first image should supersede the link image. Like:

6mURCQj.jpg

Then leave the link under the new image in this space

We will give it a whirl.

WaPo has an article too. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...hows-how-sexual-abuse-is-not-taken-seriously/

As 19-year-old gymnast McKayla Maroney described to an FBI agent in 2015 the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar — excruciating details she hadn’t even been able to tell her mother — she began crying. At the other end of the phone line, there was dead silence. And then the words “is that all?” The gut-wrenching testimony by Ms. Maroney on Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee — and that of three other gymnasts — hit home how these young women were treated with disdain and dismissal by the people and systems that were supposed to protect them. It was yet another appalling reminder of how the sexual abuse of girls and women is not taken seriously. That Olympic champions were disregarded and left so vulnerable makes one shudder at how other victims with far less prominence are being treated. “I don’t want another young gymnast, Olympic athlete or any individual to experience the horror that I and hundreds of others have endured — before, during and continuing to this day in the wake of the Larry Nassar abuse,” superstar gymnast Simone Biles testified as she fought back tears and had to pause. “To be clear, I blame Larry Nassar, and I also blame an entire system that enabled and perpetrated his abuse.” The committee hailed the women who testified — who also included Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman — and FBI Director Christopher A. Wray apologized for the failures of the FBI in handling the cases, which allowed Mr. Nassar to continue for more than a year to molest more than 70 girls and women under the guise of medical treatment. No question the women who testified showed great bravery. Ms. Raisman said it was hard for her to speak at the hearing, and recounted how after she first publicly spoke about her abuse, she couldn’t stand up in the shower and had to sit on the floor of the tub to wash her hair. There have been times since when she was so sick from the trauma that she had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. “This might take me months to recover,” she said. “I just wanted to make that clear.”

These young women — and Mr. Nassar’s many other victims — deserve more than praise and apologies. They need answers. Who at USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic committee knew about their abuse but ignored it or covered it up? Why did FBI agents seemingly go out of their way to protect a serial abuser? A scathing report by the Justice Department’s inspector general found that FBI agents involved in the case filed inaccurate reports and lied about their actions. Isn’t that cause for criminal prosecution? Justice officials declined to testify at Wednesday’s hearing. The only person in jail is Mr. Nassar. He deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars. But the exploitation of these girls and young women was perpetuated by many — not just one pedophile.

Last edited:
I can’t believe this has been ongoing for 6 YEARS. Every time I see this thread title I internally think “this is still going on???” And then I remind myself how inexplicably awful it must be for these women to have to continually relive their testimonies.

Ok… here is the way that it can be removed.

Don’t put the link on it’s own line… for example…

Here is a link not on it’s own line…

Link: https://www.discourse.org/

Here is the link on it’s own line…

The link that is not on it’s own line will not expand.

Last edited:
Well, we kind of do know I think. The FBI is under the gun in so many ways right now. The really big issue with the agency is the Russia Conspiracy thing with Trump. They were going along with what they knew was pseudo “evidence” brought to them by Clinton operatives claiming they were just being 'good citizens." But of course the FBI knew very well who Michael Sussman was. So anyway, Sussman himself has been indicted and connected to that who thing some FBI lawyer was indicted for I think making false statements related to the surveillance of Carter Page. Honestly I doubt much more will happen but everyone knows the FBI was using fake 'evidence" to get FISA warrants and basically making up a whole conspiracy at the behest of Hillary Clinton’s campaign. So a few lesser heads will roll and it will look like the DOJ is cleaning house. And the Nassar thing just fits into this because, again, the FBI needs to look like they are not tolerating this sort of thing. S0 a few agents will maybe be indicted. But believe me the bigger deal is the Clinton/Trump/Russia Conspiracy thing.

I thought I just did. FBI very busy these days trying to look squeaky clean

This per usual isn’t an isolated incident. The FBI is a shitshow and heads need to roll. I’m glad the senators had the privilege of hearing Biles, Raisman, Nichols, and Maroney’s perspectives. They deserve better.

Last edited:
I thought I just did. FBI very busy these days trying to look squeaky clean
That doesn’t explain why the DOJ didn’t proceed with charges against the lying FBI agents.

Am I missing something?!

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back