Will he never go away (nassar trigger warning)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’ve only seen pictures (and read a few quotes), ironically enough because I’m drinking my way through DC this week and was having quite the liquid lunch during the testimony…but there were some interesting satorial choices made. Not exactly what I would have shown up to a congressional hearing in.

Not that I have much room to talk, since I was once removed from a hearing and detained for pulling my shirt off to expose a shirt demanding autonomy for DC…fun times.

but there were some interesting satorial choices made. Not exactly what I would have shown up to a congressional hearing in.
I just do not care what they were wearing. I thought that Aly and McKayla were incredibly eloquent and powerful respectively. McKayla knocked it out of the park. I think that some of the questions from the Senators were absurd. These girls are powerful witnesses to what happened to them. Not experts on how to reform the system.

Last edited:
I got the feeling that Aly was almost expressly asking for a role at USAG in her testimony.
Maybe. Aly has cast a wide net in terms of her goals. She has marketed herself very well.

Did the DOJ explain why those two FBI agents weren’t being prosecuted despite the report confirming they lied in testimony?
Apparently they have declined to comment. They do have prosecutorial discretion and i think they can decline to prosecute and just not comment further. Not a good idea in this case though, simply from a public relations perspective, if nothing else.

I’ve heard that the incriminating statements were made under some kind of immunity arrangement? And thus even though they admitted to falsifying statements, the DOJ cannot use those admissions in a new prosecution.

Can’t be. Immunity arrangement with whom?? The false statements were given to the OIG. There was no immunity deal. For whatever reason DOJ decided not to prosecute. No idea why.

I read except for one agent all of the others talked to the OIG under a deal that said they could not be prosecuted.

Kind of off topic, but this topic apparantly has some sort of banner? When I come on this site, I think it shows the banner of the most recent topic. Right now it’s showing me a screen size picture of Nassar. I don’t know how others feel and didn’t read this whole thread, but I don’t really like it.

The only two agents who are relevant are Abbott and Michael Langemann. Those are the 2 who gave false statements. And both were referred by the IG for prosecution. So there would not have been any immunity deal.

Last edited:
40.png
Will HE never go away (nassar trigger warning) General Gymn
Wow that was very intense. Especially Maroney. ETA Chuck Grassley literally screaming in the senate at the FBI director. ETA2 might I suggest removing Nasser’s face from the landing page for this thread. Not for me. But kinda defeats the purpose of the trigger warning.
I raised this up thread I’m not sure who can fix it.

Where did you hear this? IG referred both Abbott and Langemann for prosecution.

yea, well. Could not have been referring to Abbott or langemann. Maybe to other FBI agents who spoke to OIG. That would make sense. They were not the targets and they would want some kind of immunity. Or maybe the CNN guy just got it wrong which happens all the time.

Abbott and Langemann spoke with them on a voluntary basis. The others did not. That is what the article said. Of course I can’t find it now.

Reactions: L_R
Right. But those are the two who would have been prosecuted. So immunity was not an issue. Immunity is typically a way to get non targets to speak freely.

I tried to fix it but the photo is from the link. If I remove the link the story goes away. The tech oriented administrator guy, falcon9, will be referred to see if he can do anything about it.

Here’s a palate cleanser:

Attachments

• 09819F64-8446-41A4-9DE4-CBD635BE184F.jpeg
    09819F64-8446-41A4-9DE4-CBD635BE184F.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
They are all giants compared to Simone. I don’t recall her being that much shorter.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back