Vladislava Urazova AA

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Yes - I posted evaluations of the top 4 in the thread here, with Urazova finishing 3rd over Melnikova.
40.png
Judging Requests Olympics / Worlds / World Cups
Sunisa Lee - Vault, Double Twisting Yurchenko (leg separation in preflight) 0.1 (LA axis turn begun too early / twist initiated while on table) 0.1 (insufficient distance) 0.1 (leg separation in postflight) 0.1 (failure to maintain stretched position) 0.1 (deviation from ideal landing posture, chest slightly forward) 0.1 (landed with feet apart) 0.1 (insufficient dynamics / good rise in the center of gravity off the table, but doesn’t maintain it well through the duration of the vault)…
Collectively, the Gymnaverse panel also had Urazova in 3rd with a total of 57.300, with Melnikova in 4th with a total of 56.367.

If you are talking about Gymtruthteller, take that argument and flush it down the toilet.

GTT has no clue about how gymnastics judging works and just claims personal favorites were robbed and then comes down harshly on gymnasts she doesn’t like, using a set of criteria that is not applied to the favorite ones.

The same person argued that Carey should have been 4th on floor exercise, that Skinner was robbed of VT finals outright over Carey, Skinner should have been second AA over Suni Lee, called Simone egotistical and gutless, since Biles knew USA wouldn’t win gold she forfeited, said Black deserved beam bronze, Skinner as robbed of vault gold because of some conspiracy to give Andrade vault gold after the judges handed Suni the AA gold, Suni Lee should have been 4th in AA and UB, and various other delusions.

GTT also has a love for Shang Chunsong and argued that she should have gotten the +1 over GCC.

Last edited:
I’m not saying there isn’t a legitimate argument for a Urazova bronze. I’m just astounded that someone would argue for her as the gold medalist.

Personally in my scoring I had Carey tied for fourth on floor, altho she loses the tie-breaker on E of course. So I don’t think that one’s insane hehe

since Biles knew USA wouldn’t win gold she forfeited
LOL. Then what’s the rationale for her pulling out of AA, VT, and FX? Or only coming back for BB with a watered down routine she knew was unlikely to contend for gold? Usually people with that stupid Simone Withdrew Because She Knew She’d Lose take don’t actually watch any gymnastics so don’t realize that she withdrew from three finals where she was the heavy favorite. It’s novel, at least, to see it from someone who actually watches the sport outside of for a couple of days every four years.

GTT has always been unhinged, but I didn’t realize they’d gone completely off the deep end to the extent of Skinner Should’ve Been Second AA.

Last edited:
You kinda have to assume it has nothing to do with their gymnastics, but rather they’ve just arbitarily decided who they like and who they don’t on some other basis.

Last edited:
Yeah, they’ve been dog whistling about Gabby for years. The only use they seemed to have for Simone was that Simone beat Gabby during her comeback.

Last edited:
Yes - I posted evaluations of the top 4 in the thread here, with Urazova finishing 3rd over Melnikova.

Collectively, the Gymnaverse panel also had Urazova in 3rd with a total of 57.300, with Melnikova in 4th with a total of 56.367.
I don’t really care about blogs or trash actors, but most friends on and off the spreadsheet I’ve talked to seem to be coalescing around the notion that Urazova was robbed of an AA medal via Gelya’s E-scores. I don’t see how she beats Andrade and Lee with her floor, though.

The Urazova vs. Gelya (vs. Listunova) preference split in hardcore fans is fascinating in that it is not at all clear-cut, and one not need to go to the bottom of the barrel to get polarizing takes. Both (or any of the three, if including Listunova) can evoke anything from adoration to irritation depending on who you ask.

Last edited:
I adore Urazova but I can’t have her as an AA medalist with that sort of difficulty. I’m hoping that it’s been clever coaching whilst she’s been going through a growth spurt and in the next couple of years we will see some upgrades

Most friends on and off the spreadsheet I’ve talked to seem to be coalescing around the notion that Urazova was robbed of an AA medal via Gelya’s E-scores.
It’s also split as to which of Melnikova’s scores pass the smell test. Vault and beam have the FIG panel totally in range with Gymnaverse (beam we have her 0.1 ahead), but UB/FX have a 0.3-0.5 differential. An 8.6 for what was probably her worst UB at that point of the Games, against Urazova’s cleaner set of identical composition, made the difference for bronze alone.

Overscoring Melnikova on floor is nothing new: we only to have look back at her 2019 EF bronze over Saraiva. But her bars scores were far more reasonable in 2019, and the WWGYM panel was only (slightly) out of range during TF:

Last edited:
Hi! You seem to have information from the Russian WAG. Are Urazova and Listunova already training? I know Melnikova is already in Round Lake, but what about the rest?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back