Controversies in Gymnastics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No wad of cash, but since Tim is commentating we get a detailed play by play of every single thing that happens with an enquiry.

I forgot it was a tie but Aly got a higher E score than Ponor.

I feel like I have a memory of Aly Raisman's appeal (which knocked Ponor out of the medals) and someone (Marta? Mihai) waving a wad of cash. It was a bad look for sure.
Waving cash? What are you talking about? Marta and Bela were frantically signaling to Mihai to file an inquiry. No one was waving cash

No wad of cash, but since Tim is commentating we get a detailed play by play of every single thing that happens with an enquiry.

I noticed how she also kinda iced Gabby there at the end of the routine... Tim to the rescue making that way less awkward than it could have been.

Waving cash? What are you talking about? Marta and Bela were frantically signaling to Mihai to file an inquiry. No one was waving cash
Oh I must have gotten my wires crossed with the Uchimura situation then!

I cannot remember the name (possibly Koczi) - nor indeed whether it was worlds or the Olympics but the controversy surrounded a Romanian MAG (not Dragulescu) who only did twisting vaults.

He went up early in EF but the D panel failed to notice that although he had intended a 2½ he only actually did a 1½ so he sat there in Gold medal position. The gymternet went crazy that he had been credited with a fault he didn't do. People were messaging everyone they new in delegations and on the floor etc. I don't know how the messages got through but right at the end there was a score revision and he dropped to 6th or 7th at the end.

Another controversy I remember surrounded Nadia herself getting a 10 and taking a gold for a vault that didn't have a 10 SV.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back