US Classic Session 2 thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Konnor, Jade, Trinity, Kayla, Leanne, Jordan. All performing well below where they should be, or getting injured
Yep, and look what happened to Kayla when she took a season off. It’s probably ok for the first year or two of the quad, but last year showed it’s just too much to sustain over multiple years.

So there are basically 2 more competitions until the Olympics, right? I agree they don't look crowd, podium, competition ready. It's the performance readiness that's missing.

Well did Trinity scratch because of that or was she hoping to petition to Nationals? Did she get her qualifiying score earlier or was she counting on this?
I feel like it doesn't matter. You can also compete for the experience as well as to try out new things in front of a huge, noisy crowd.

And ironically, all that week in week out competition experience for consistency, and all of them except Jordan has fallen / (konner got injured which is not the same, but still).

I feel like it doesn't matter. You can also compete for the experience as well as to try out new things in front of a huge, noisy crowd.
It was more that if you have 4 events but not quite the right score, you are screwed but if you have 3 events and scratch the 4th, you still get to petition.

I mean yeah i think it's still a clear huge net good that you can do ncaa and elite. I dont think the tradeoff of possibly being more prepared by skipping college makes up the for the fact that ncaa in some ways is why we get to see these 20something year old gymnasts still competing at all through multiple quads. Most gymnasts do not have much financial incentive for elite and getting a college degree makes it feel like they're actually advancing their personal life and not simply focusing on a dead-end/flash-in-the-pan sport. Plus we get to see way more high quality gymnastics from them all year.... and I have no proof of this, but isnt it ultimately way more lucrative to be Jordan Chilese in NCAA getting endorsements than it is to be Shilese Jones as the second best gymnast in elite?

The international feed didn't used to be this bad in the past.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back