Rebekah Ripley - Barbie Girl Floor Routine - BYU Gymnastics - January 7, 2023

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

not opposed to velour leotards making a comeback
What I would give for a UKR crushed velvet leo to make a comeback…seriously some of the designs these days are so busy and an eye sore.
I would even happily accept the metallic leos of the early 2000s before the rhinestone era.

Some of the leos at conferences were, rhinestones, metallics, mesh, cut outs, ombre (I think thats how you spell it), ruching, and strappy backs.

PLEASE PICK ONE OF THESE NOT ALL OF THESE! 😆

NCAA leos are, on the whole, fucking vile.

Everytime I think current elite leos are bad, I remind myself it could be so much worse.

But I long for the days of athletic leos and ponytails. I actually didn’t mind most of the US leos during the Adidas years–minus the disaster that was Beijing. Or elegant leos like Ukraine 1996 or Dantzcher 2000.

The leos at conference championships were really bad. I don’t think there was one I really liked. Arkansas, Iowa, Alabama, and LSU were some of the worst for me. I generally like strappy backs, but some of them this weekend were hideous and way overdone.

Weighing in on Ripley’s floor, I love it.

Velvet leotards were always the most comfortable. I’m glad that my high school still decided that material was still the best when we got new leotards my senior year. College leotards have way too much going on these days. And maybe it partially stems from jealousy, but I hate how so many college leotards you can’t wear a sports bra with. No thank you to open and strappy backs.

Last edited:
Have you seen some of Rutgers?!? They are all that and capped sleeves or fake fur or something. They are crazy.

I Googled out of curiousity and it took me through a visual tour of horrendousness. Not one of those is good. Not one of those is even mediocre.

More than once this season I’ve been people say Rutgers leos are “very New Jersey.”

Funny enough, watching Big Tens, my husband took one look at Rutgers and said “well, that’s really on-brand for Jersey…”

Funny enough, watching Big Tens, my husband took one look at Rutgers and said “well, that’s really on-brand for Jersey…”

The is supposed to be inspired by the Queen of Hearts.

Last edited:
I was about to comment and say that it’s Jersey, what do people really expect?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back