2024 NCAA Week 2: 01/08/2024- 01/14/2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

irichluck21

Staff member
Defender

It is on ABC proper, so as long as you have local stations on your viewing platform, you'll be good.

Florida freshman Alyssa Arana just had a scary fall on bars. Missed her hands on her Pak, caught the bar with her armpits, then went flying off and hit the mat hard.

This after she fell on her opening cast handstand. She finished with a short double layout. Just a really rough way to start your NCAA career.

Lucy Stanhope was injured on vault last night. Freakishly similar to Riley McCusker in 2021. Everything looked fine, but then she immediately grabbed for her ankle and was in obvious distress.

Georgia is also in bad shape because they have only put up 5 vaulters the last two meets.
Understandably the first meet vs NC State due to the last minute injury to De Jong.
But also last night against Arkansas, only 5 vaults, so it means they literally have no one else that can actually vault. Not even a Yurchenko layout or a pike front, or Tsuk or anything.

Granted you don't want to use a Yurchenko Layout or a pike front, but with 5 vaults all scores count, if there is a fall or a major error, that hurts the score substantially. Even if you use a 9.7 vault as anchor, you can drop it, but at least a 9.5 yurchenko layout would be better than a 9.100 from a fall on a FTY.

Not good and CKC is lucky her contract is out until 2027.

Stanford also only put 5 up on bars and as a result had to count a score in the 7s. Like, how? How does a team like Stanford not have a sixth bars routine? Even if it's not out of a 10.

She shouldn't be getting a 10 with that leg form on the pak.
The judges can't see well from that angle.

That said, Audrey Davis should have had a 10 in my book as well and has before, but she keeps getting 9.975. I know she has a built-in deduction on her dismount, but her routine is just so good.

I'm thrilled for Konnor. She has had such a rough few years. Does anyone know why she wasn't in the beam line-up?

She shouldn't be getting a 10 with that leg form on the pak.
It's not a visible deduction from the judging stand point, we can see it based on the camera angle at this meet, but at the Ohio State meet, you couldn't see it.
In reality all routines are never perfect, perfect, there is always something one could take. But it also depends on the angle you are judging from.
I'm thrilled for Konnor. She has had such a rough few years. Does anyone know why she wasn't in the beam line-up?
I am guessing because she fell at Ohio State on the layout in her series, so she got deducted the .5 for a fall and was also missing a series requirement.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back