2024 NCAA Week 2: 01/08/2024- 01/14/2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I honestly believe they will make it to the Final Four this year, and could honestly compete head to head with Oklahoma. Vault is greatly improved, they just need to drill the landings. UB and BB are right with OU. I prefer their bars and beam to OU to ne honest. Floor is still in the works, but they have the components there for a big score.

The only difference between Cal and OU are the landings. Cal can find sticky feet like Michigan in 2021 they could be national champions.
100% agree with this.

It does give the appearance of Florida being almost scared. I mean, opening against GWU, Fisk, and Talladega? That's Charmin soft.

Their last two meets of the regular season are soft, too. Both quad meets, but no one is going to challenge Florida. In Lincoln vs. Nebraska, Eastern Michigan, and Lindenwood (the second time they'll see Lindenwood this season), and then finish at home against LIU, Iowa State, and NC State.

They don't face a single non-SEC team that finished top 20 last season. I know SEC competition is tough all on it's own, and maybe Florida doesn't feel like it needs to seek out non-conference elite teams as competition. But it is a rather obvious disparity compared to many other top teams.

Maybe I'll do some sort of strength of schedule comparison of the top teams. Not tonight, but I'd be curious to see how everyone compares.

It does give the appearance of Florida being almost scared. I mean, opening against GWU, Fisk, and Talladega? That's Charmin soft.

Their last two meets of the regular season are soft, too. Both quad meets, but no one is going to challenge Florida. In Lincoln vs. Nebraska, Eastern Michigan, and Lindenwood (the second time they'll see Lindenwood this season), and then finish at home against LIU, Iowa State, and NC State.

They don't face a single non-SEC team that finished top 20 last season. I know SEC competition is tough all on it's own, and maybe Florida doesn't feel like it needs to seek out non-conference elite teams as competition. But it is a rather obvious disparity compared to many other top teams.

Maybe I'll do some sort of strength of schedule comparison of the top teams. Not tonight, but I'd be curious to see how everyone compares.
A comparison would be really interesting, particularly within conferences to see what each teams approach is.

I know the first meet was an add-on with Fisk and Talladega to help support those new HBC programs. Thats why they made it the "Equality" meet. Florida will see enough competition in hostile environments this year to more than prepare them for nationals if they are so fortunate. The last meet of the season is always a gimmie for the senior meets. Last year they were non-con at OU. Some seasons have "hard" schedules, others are soft. And honestly other than fan perception, the scores are against themselves.

Pretty sure Clemson committed multiple crimes explicitly outlawed by the Geneva Convention with this leotard. Someone pass the eye bleach.

Attachments

• Clemson-Leotard-Wk2.png
    Clemson-Leotard-Wk2.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 28
Pretty sure Clemson committed multiple crimes explicitly outlawed by the Geneva Convention with this leotard. Someone pass the eye bleach.
I'll give them points for creativity. But wow is that a bad leo.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back