Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Do we know when team usa is heading over to acclimate to the timezone?

Do we know when team usa is heading over to acclimate to the timezone?

They have a prep camp in the US from July 15-17th. They get on the plane to France on the 18th.

Opening Ceremony is July 26.

ETA: This is for WAG ^^ but I'd imagine the men would be flying out around the same time.

ETA2: The men's schedule doesn't list a prep camp but they also arrive in France for pre-training in Arques with the women on the 18th.

Last edited:
Where's the prep camp? Don't the USA Olympic athletes go to San Jose to get their kit and swag and get lectured on being on their best behavior?

Which teams/spots are we still waiting for? I know there's no formal confirmation yet over what happens to the Oceania continental WAG spot.

I think team wise is Netherlands and Italy. Italy are having their nationals this weekend so should announce very soon after.

Which teams/spots are we still waiting for? I know there's no formal confirmation yet over what happens to the Oceania continental WAG spot.
For individuals, I believe Mexico has yet to designate their +1 spot. Hungary went with Kovács over Székely to the latter's disappointment.

For individuals, I believe Mexico has yet to designate their +1 spot. Hungary went with Kovács over Székely to the latter's disappointment.
Oh yeah saw that this week. I have endless sympathy for Szekely, but can see why Kovacs was considered the better shout.

Wasn't Szekely basically robbed of her spot when FIG messed up with vault finals replacement athletes?

I think team wise is Netherlands and Italy. Italy are having their nationals this weekend so should announce very soon after.
It's insane that both teams are waiting so late. Opening ceremonies is on the 26th.

The cut off is July 9 I think to submit names.
I may be wrong though.

Italy's holding their national championships this weekend and just named the MAG team, so I assume the WAG team will be announced shortly after today's competition.

Italy's holding their national championships this weekend and just named the MAG team, so I assume the WAG team will be announced shortly after today's competition.
Yep, Italian team is:

Alice D’Amato
Manila Esposito
Angela Andreoli
Elisa Iorio
Giorgia Villa

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back