Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Loving long time members/lurkers commenting. Please comment more, you are valued and your contributions are important and wanted. Especially as we are rapidly approaching Paris.
Thank you!
Random, but, since you invited us to "unlurk" have you all seen the viral post circulating about Simone inviting Jordan to train with her? Lift as you climb... That's my post. I wrote that. Longtime fan/ lurker.

I did hear about Simone inviting Jordan to train with her. I vaguely recall one of the NBC broadcasts (maybe 2021) that stated that after 2018 and her issues with her coach verbally abusing her, amongst other things she did.

Glad that Simone reached out to her as Jordan seemed completely done wth gymnastics at that point.

I did hear about Simone inviting Jordan to train with her. I vaguely recall one of the NBC broadcasts (maybe 2021) that stated that after 2018 and her issues with her coach verbally abusing her, amongst other things she did.

Glad that Simone reached out to her as Jordan seemed completely done wth gymnastics at that point.
Simone seems to be very generous in this way. I loved the way she reached out to suni when she was a bit shaky

Simone has always been welcoming and friendly. In her book, Maggie Nichols stated that at her very first camp, she was shy and was not going to socialize with the other gymnasts and stay in her cabin, but Simone came up to her and said "Nope, lets go have fun." They became best friends after that and ended up being roommates at all the camps and international assignments they were both assigned to, like Worlds.

You can tell there are some very genuine life long friendships. In Tokyo when Simone got the twisties, she was apologizing to the others and looked upset that she was disappointing them. They all just smiled and hugged her. I believe it was Grace who said "We got your back" or something along those lines.

As they move into the village…
IMG_1364.png

What's the SV of this? She never competed this connected routine in any of the other national comps did she?
Yes, please, can any of you smart people who know how to calculate D give us regular folks an idea?
I read somewhere (here probably) that Suni's D is capped (6.4? 6.5?) because she doesn't have an inbar element, or something along these lines?

What's the SV of this? She never competed this connected routine in any of the other national comps did she?

The D Score of this routine is 6.5.

DV

F x 1 - Nabieva, 0.6
E x 2 - Bhardwaj, van Leeuwen, 1.0
D x 5 - Maloney, Gienger, straddled Jaeger, Pak salto, full twisting double tuck dismount, 2.0

Total From Elements - 3.6

CV

F + D, both flight elements x 1 (Nabieva + Bhardwaj), 0.2
D flight from low bar to high bar + C or more with turn or flight on high bar (Maloney + Gienger), 0.2
D + D, both with turn or flight x 3 (Bhardwaj + Maloney, straddled Jaeger + Pak salto, Pak salto + van Leeuwen), 0.3

Total CV - 0.7

Dismount Bonus

full twisting double tuck, D -> 0.2

CR

Flight element from high bar to low bar, (Bhardwaj)
Flight element with regrasp to same bar, (Nabieva, Gienger, or straddled Jaeger)
Different grips, (Maloney, straddled Jaeger)
Non-flight element with 360 degree turn, (giant full)

Total CR - 2.0

Total D – 3.6 + 0.7 + 0.2 + 2.0 = 6.5

Has she ever connected the giant full to the dismount? It looks doable. If so how much would that add to sv?

Has she ever connected the giant full to the dismount? It looks doable. If so how much would that add to sv?
I wanna say she was doing a toe-on full directly into the dismount at some point(but maybe she in training vids)

Because the giant full is only a C element, connecting this with the dismount would not increase Lee's D Score.

I wanna say she was doing a toe-on full directly into the dismount at some point(but maybe she in training vids)

Lee connected the toe-on full and dismount at the 2024 Winter Cup and 2024 U.S. Nationals. However, she can't do this with the current routine because it would violate the 3 element root rule(4 toe-on elements with the Nabieva, Maloney, van Leeuwen, and toe-on full).

She also no longer would count the full pirouette because she has 8 other D (or harder) skills in the exercise. So even if she was permitted to do a toe-full before the dismount, it would only get 0.1 bonus.

I really feel that a full-twisting Pak should fulfill the full pirouette requirement. Sigh.

Her feet are gorgeous they deserve a medal on their own.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back