Pre-Olympics Discussion (Injured athletes, named teams, other news) starting 5/9/24

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Someone managed to associate cancan with Paris…

Yeah. Genuis.
Let's see what everyone else came up with. This is the best idea and version of music I've seen so far. So yeah, pretty genius from where I'm standing.

And by the way it's genius, i-u. Being driven by raging cynicism apparently clouds your vision, Mary girl.

I'm guessing the Cheng for TF and the YDP for AA

can anyone remind me why she didn't do the Cheng in 21 in TF? It was worth more than the Amanar

In Tokyo, Biles' Cheng scored 14.933 and her 2 1/2 went 15.400. It made sense to go for the Amanar in team finals as the difference was almost .5 (.467) and considering Russia won qualifications by 1.067 the Amanar was the best choice, granted all the US falls and errors also helped to accumulate that defecit. Vault was the best place to try to make up tenths in the fight for gold.

In Tokyo, Biles' Cheng scored 14.933 and her 2 1/2 went 15.400. It made sense to go for the Amanar in team finals as the difference was almost .5 (.467) and considering Russia won qualifications by 1.067 the Amanar was the best choice, granted all the US falls and errors also helped to accumulate that defecit. Vault was the best place to try to make up tenths in the fight for gold.
Yep, all of this. Simone had also run out of the Cheng landing before Tokyo, so it felt like a less secure vault than the Amanar going in. The Amanar was more playing safe.

and it was the worst cheng she had ever done but had a higher possible score though. It ultimately didn't matter though :(

At the 2019 Worlds, Biles' Amanar outscored her Cheng in both Qualifications and Finals.
VTQ: 15.066 Cheng, 15.333 Amanar
VTF: 15.333 Cheng, 15.466 Amanar

In 2018, She did the Biles 1 and Amanar in TQ and Cheng in TF, then Biles 1 in AA. Then Cheng and Amanar in VT finals. So she changed it up quite a bit. Probably did the Cheng to be safe in TF and then Cheng in VT finals because she undercooked the Biles 1 in the AA.

Her Amanar had very little deductions and she was capable of sticking it. Whereas the Cheng, while .2 more in D score, have more built in deductions.

I just rewatched the US vault qualifying rotation again, and damn, they were miserable. I know Tokyo was a less-than-ideal Olympic experience, but I can only imagine what was going on behind the scenes.

Twitter reckons Chinese media reported Nemour did a DTY onto high mats.

No footage as far as I'm aware. Chinese speaking posters may have more luck.

keep this up she will be world champion.

The idea of "anti-sex beds" is just so hilarious to me. For some, where there's a will, there's a way. Somebody will figure out sex standing up in a hammock if it meant getting laid.
I mean, PARTICULARLY top athletes won't have a problem finding different, creative, physically demanding ways to do what they want to.

Some Australia training footage and discussion of lineups. It's from last week but doesn't seem to have been posted yet.

Another injury for the Netherlands: Vera van Pol has injured her foot and will be replaced by Tisha Volleman. Their chances of making the teamfinal were small already, without Eythora, but this is another big loss on vault and potentially floor.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back