Potential upgrades ahead of Worlds

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Ah so it did! And looks like the single turn + double turn likely did not receive CV. She got a 5.8 for a planned 5.9 routine

She got credit for everything at Euros, but left out the Front Aerial series (which would give .2 bonus). Adding the handspring onto the opening combo is .2 bonus and then upgrading her acro series to have the LOSO is another .2, creating the 6.4 total she’s now going for. If she brings back her BHS 1/1 that’s another .2 – cook Sanne, cook!

Last edited:
Oh you’re right, I was mistakenly thinking free cartwheel + flic-flac got .1 CV but it’s nothing.

Wevers has the time in her routine to add a switch leap + Kochetkova + straight jump 1/1, but she’s already got 8 C+ skills without the series. It’s interesting… Very difficult to build a high D score without D+ jumps/leaps in connection. But a 6.4 is certainly competitive

Yeah, that one is easily at least a full point off. I personally would ding her 0.3 for height every time and .3 for the pike down. Plus whatever leg separation, low chest, and step she has got. But she doesn’t pause before it, so she has that one thing going for her I guess…

Her dismount was a tiny bit better on saturday. As was the Wevers pirouette (that was actually perfect). But I agree it’s still not good enough and I hope (and am sure) they know and will work on it. It was quite a lot better in 2016, so she’s at least capable.

Yeah that is much better. The loso is gone tho? I mean she did the usual side aerial-bhs. Does she chose which one she does depending on how she feels?

She should try the tucked Gainer 1.5 dismount. Lots of people should, actually. That’s probably the easiest D dismount in the book.

Why bother with a double twist when the Gainer layout with no twist and tucked Gainer 1/1 are the same value? If she has to downgrade then surely one of those.

In my mind, she’s getting deducted a lot for height and pike down, but maybe that’s not the case. Check out Parolari’s gainer layout from Beijing at 1:30. This is the standard:

In other news, Jones just posted a FF + back handspring + layout on her instagram, which she used to compete. I’m not sure I see her doing BB in TF, but I don’t see a world in which she isn’t doing AA in TQ at Worlds and the Olympics, barring injury KNOCK ON WOOD

Last edited:
You have to be really low to get .3 height deduction for a dismount, what Sanne is doing doesn’t qualify. Although, there aren’t any written guidelines for height of Beam dismount (or any Beam moves, for that matter). But definitely going by all the seminars and training videos I’ve seen, .3 is almost never given, and the distance you land from the beam seems to be lumped in with “height”; I’ve only even seen .1 given when the dismount lands relatively close to the beam.

The pikedown is so evident, and the landing position is often 0.3 as well. If you take a good step you’re close to a point right there

She did it for the first time on sunday. She used this weekend to test new upgrades. But also, Sanne usually does what feels best and is known for changing plans on the spot. 😄

That may be true. But there ought to be more than .1 separating Parolari and Wevers’ height. At the apex of her dismount, Parolari is still stretched and about two feet higher than the beam. Wevers is about a foot higher than the beam and already in piked position. Unfortunately my laptop is so tired that I cannot supply screenshots but there’s a big difference between these two dismounts

Yeah, sanne’s is actually a pike AND sometimes she has a poor landing position as well. Lia’s would be around 0.7 higher in execution I’d think

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back