Past Gymnastics Message Board Memories- Which was your first message board?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 408
  • Start date Start date

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Marco! He was hilarious. He is the only human on the planet who can stump Google Translate with his spelling of things. He created his own gymnastics language!

I was on Gymworld for a while and met quite a few of the members, especially the French. I was a moderator during the Athens Olympics. I learned so much from that forum! I distinctly remember an Italian member called Marco who kept adoring Khorkina and Olaru.

I was on Gymworld for a while and met quite a few of the members, especially the French. I was a moderator during the Athens Olympics. I learned so much from that forum! I distinctly remember an Italian member called Marco who kept adoring Khorkina and Olaru.
I remember you!

I think the AOL forum was my first. I was denn333 there I am pretty sure. I don't even remember my screen name on some of the other places, such as GymWorld. But maybe it was the same? I fee like I used Gogean on one site, just to be funny, because so many people disliked her back then. (History has been more forgiving of her though!)

With this current forum (back when it was called WWGym), I went with my name and I am glad.

Related: When this forum hits 20 years (2 years from now), we need to do something special! Not a lot of online forums have lasted that long!

I started on GymWorld around 2002 under the handle AprilDaisy. I remember a very young MaryClare, among people like Rafiki and Marco. I loved how the forum was divided into countries, and there was a media section which was my favorite!

Around 2004 I started GymnasticsAvatars.com because I was really into graphic design and was getting a lot of requests for custom made avatars. In or around 2012 I moved it to Facebook and let it die because avatars are kind of a thing of the past 🤣

Then I also did some graphic design at GGMB and worked closely with Abomb to make headers for all the competition. Behind the scenes, I would listen to Doc Marten talk about how big of a tyrant Abomb was, and I found that to quickly be true! I almost got banned because I said I liked Carly Patterson, but I officially got banned when I mentioned that I went to church. Luckily (I think it was RedBirdie?) steered me over to WWGym around that time so I was more than happy to find a less-hostile gymnastics group. And it’s been amazing ever since!!

ETA: I totally forgot that I helped create graphics for some of the gymnasts for their personal websites in the 2004 era! Specifically Sarah Shire, Sarah DeMeo, and another girl I can’t think of at the moment 🤣

Last edited:
I started on GymWorld around 2002 under the handle AprilDaisy. I remember a very young MaryClare, among people like Rafiki and Marco. I loved how the forum was divided into countries, and there was a media section which was my favorite!

Around 2004 I started GymnasticsAvatars.com because I was really into graphic design and was getting a lot of requests for custom made avatars. In or around 2012 I moved it to Facebook and let it die because avatars are kind of a thing of the past 🤣

Then I also did some graphic design at GGMB and worked closely with Abomb to make headers for all the competition. Behind the scenes, I would listen to Doc Marten talk about how big of a tyrant Abomb was, and I found that to quickly be true! I almost got banned because I said I liked Carly Patterson, but I officially got banned when I mentioned that I went to church. Luckily (I think it was RedBirdie?) steered me over to WWGym around that time so I was more than happy to find a less-hostile gymnastics group. And it’s been amazing ever since!!

ETA: I totally forgot that I helped create graphics for some of the gymnasts for their personal websites in the 2004 era! Specifically Sarah Shire, Sarah DeMeo, and another girl I can’t think of at the moment 🤣
I wonder if that is why the GGMB banner never changed again after a certain point. :LOL:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back