Past Gymnastics Message Board Memories- Which was your first message board?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 408
  • Start date Start date

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Quite a few people on here have met him. I haven’t, but we did email quite a bit during the quest for Olomouc days. He somehow knew that I was at Leatherhead with Vlad Aksenov although I’d never mentioned that publicly
Ew, bit creepy that.

From some of the things he said I gather he’s an internet stalker. A friend of mine from way back who was on ggmb was given a new custom user name related to her presence on a completely different part of the internet. Something medical she did not ever talk about to random strangers.

From some of the things he said I gather he’s an internet stalker. A friend of mine from way back who was on ggmb was given a new custom user name related to her presence on a completely different part of the internet. Something medical she did not ever talk about to random strangers.
Yeah. Some of the GGMB ringleaders were definitely involved in cyber-bullying, stalking, and doxxing.

Abomb was here for a hot minute wasn't he? It was one of the major players from GGMB at least. Tendency to post every other word in all caps?

Abomb has never been on WWG or Gymnaverse, to my knowledge. He certainly wasn't going to be welcome at WWG.

He might have been one of the early trolls when wwgym was getting started but never as himself.

I guess that might be partially why a lot of the vocal gymnternet disappeared - too many burnt bridges. Last forum standing has been WWGym/Gymnaverse and if a lot of them wouldn't end up welcome here, where are they going to go aside from Reddit and Gym Twitter?

Quite a few people on here have met him. I haven’t, but we did email quite a bit during the quest for Olomouc days. He somehow knew that I was at Leatherhead with Vlad Aksenov although I’d never mentioned that publicly

Given how involved that whole “in crowd” on GGMB, it’s strange that the majority have disappeared from the gymnternet. Or at least stay under the radar. Doc passed away a couple of years ago
I’ve met him too, but never learned his real name. Curious as to who he actually is behind the GGMB diva mask

I'm 48. Kind of surprised to see so many on here and the gymternet in general, that are older than me.

International Gymnast magazine had a forum and that was my first. Can't remember my handle; I was mostly a lurker. I love the sports world in my own way, but I contribute pretty quietly. I don't havE a brain for stats and all that. I'm a fan of Jade Carey these days, just because she seems like a charming person. Very drama free. And her gymnastics is good, but I don't know how to analyze sports, so I couldn't explain how.

Nowadays I'm on a FB for, and called, College Gymnastics Fans. I went to Sac State myself, and yes, I'm a fan. I have to be. I enjoyed my time there, including wgymn meets. As for big guns in the sport, I've liked Cal during recent years. I'm from that state anyways.

Also r/Gymnastics on Reddit.

Met him. And Chalky. What a pair they were.

Alll this nostalgia made me think about Chocolate Starfish. 🤣

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back