Olympic games Leotards

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

FYI my daughter uses the top clear back one for comps and we have ended up using tan tape to tape the hooks in place. Shes not a big girl but they are not very secure and she was always worried about a wardrobe malfunction. I do wish bra straps were not so taboo! I mean come on, will men just faint if they see one? lol.

It looks so unprofessional where underwear is poking out. We could always go down the track and field route and have athletes wearing a sports bra and pants! It may seem ridiculous but imo it is a better look than colourful, glitzy leotards.

At least square neck leotards are firmly out of fashion at the moment, although I’m sure that early 00s fashion in general will be back soon enough.

Here it is.

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 11.48.58 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally I do not like the glitzy. sparkly leos. This is a serious tough sport, not a beauty contest The athletic wear should reflect that. And while we are at it, why on earth do the gymnasts have to wear make up? What does that have to do with their gymnastics???

Well, I think makeup is part of how they feel good about themselves these days. I don’t blame them anyways. I never felt the need for makeup when I was a teen/college student (my skin is actually worse now than it was then), but other girls are different. The glitz thing is probably a push to make leotards more like prom dresses. I read that somewhere. Figure skating went the same way a long time ago.

The USA girls wore the training leotard from their Olympic promo photos today, looking at Jade’s and Grace’s Instastories.

Last edited:
I am curious how they will do the leotards for competition.
Skinner and Carey will likely have to wear the individuals’ leotards for qualification while the rest of the team wears the team leotards. but if Carey or Skinner makes event finals, I wonder if they can wear the team leotards or just stick to individual leotards.

Or will they wear the team finals leotard in qualification?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back