Olympic games Leotards

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh dear. I read elsewhere that it was 76 crystals. Which would have been surprising, but a refreshing surprise!

I am cautiously optimistic about the US competition leos, given what we saw at Trials.

As long as there is no pink and no purple I am totally fine with it! Red, white, and blue combinations or solids only PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

As I understand it, they can wear a team USA leotard, they just can’t wear the same one as the rest of the team. I guess it is the same as any individual athlete, they can wear the leotard of their national team. Whether they can both wear the same I don’t know. But whatever the team is wearing for finals, that will be the first time we see it

New training leotard, like the 2008 star leotard.

Me too. I think a lot of the training leos would make great competition leos with the addition of sleeves. They seem much sportier. And, you know, lighter and less likely to blind you if you look directly at them since they lack ten billion crystals

The plaque says something about 7600 crystals…hope it isn’t a team final Leo.

It’s really bad. But maybe it’s a reject. They try to keep competition Leo’s a secret.

(My husband likes it so I’ve realized that I need to stop asking him things like “does this dress look good on me?”

Last edited:
Okay, don’t love it, but kinda love it. A throwback to the 80s striped leos, so ugly it is kinda awesome, I don’t know. Initial reaction was “gasp, no!” but second reaction was “well, why the hell not. Rock on.” I think the gymnasts are pretty and awesome enough to pull it off. What it lacks in elegance and understatement, it makes up with hellz yeah chutzpah!

That leotard was on display at Nationals in Ft. Worth and was even uglier in person than in the picture. I really hope they don’t actually wear it. The sign says 17,000 something crystals, I think, so I do not think it’s an actual competition leotard.

That thing is hideous but I bet the split colors highlight twists nicely for TV slomo replays.

The US one with the 17,000 crystals is hideous but could work with some tweaks and less crystals.
I do like the attempt at using light blue for the base of the leotard. Last time time I liked the light blue as a leo was 2007 Worlds podium training.
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.09.29 AM

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.09.07 AM

I really like the light blue.

The whole thing together looks like a quilt. I almost like it 🤷

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back